Corsair Community

HX620 PSU Question

Reflex

I have a question about the Corsair HX620 PSU. I hear there is a cable for the PSU that splits an 8-pin and 6-pin connector on the same cable. If I get that cable for the HX620, will it allow the PSU to have, and fully utilize 2x 6-pin connectors, and 1x 8-pin connectors? Or will it only allow it to utilize the 6-pin and the 8-pin connector on that cable. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
The PSU comes with a 8-Pin for the MB and two 6-Pin PCI-E cables and yes if that is what you are asking you can use them both at the same. If you are asking if you can get the 8-Pin PCI-E Cable and use it with the 6-Pin PCI-E? I don't see why you cannot, but we have not tried to run two different Video cards at the same time.

no, im asking basically about the amount of pci-e connectors that will be able to be fully utilized by the PSU after you attach the cable that has both an 8-pin and a 6-pin connector coming out of it. after you add that 6-pin + 8-pin cable to the psu, will you still be able to use the 6pin-only cable that originally came with the psu at the same time? what i mean is, after you add the 6-pin + 8-pin cable to the psu, will the psu have 2 6-pin pcie connectors AND 1 8-pin pcie connector ready for use?

• Corsair Employees
no, im asking basically about the amount of pci-e connectors that will be able to be fully utilized by the PSU after you attach the cable that has both an 8-pin and a 6-pin connector coming out of it. after you add that 6-pin + 8-pin cable to the psu, will you still be able to use the 6pin-only cable that originally came with the psu at the same time? what i mean is, after you add the 6-pin + 8-pin cable to the psu, will the psu have 2 6-pin pcie connectors AND 1 8-pin pcie connector ready for use?

The 8-pin cable from us is a split cable that plugs into the 6-pin port on the PSU, and splits the cable into an 8pin (6+2 really) and a 6-pin PCI-E.

You can use two of these cables at a time for a total of 2 8-pin and 2 6-pin connections.

so, what your saying is that i would be able to run two hd2900xts in crossfire? and also, i'll be able to use two 8-pins and two 6-pins for future cards if the psu is able to handle it? if so, then im sold! how much would 2 of those cables cost me shipped?

Archived