Intel DG965SS & Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX

shahidmd

Hi,

Last week I bought my system with following configuration:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6240 2.13 GHz/4MB Cache/1066 FSB

Motherboard: Intel DG965SS

MEMORY: l4 Sticks of Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX = 8 GB of RAM

======================================================

Now.. I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (64-Bit) with SP2. After installation my system crawl like a snake. Then I got an Idea and I removed 4GB RAM from the system. The problem is same. Then I removed anther 2 GB. Now my systme got only 2 GB of RAM and the system rocks. Then I tried putting RAM back to the system and saw the performance and the system is crawling again with 8 GB of RAM.

As I increase the RAM the system is getting slower and crawl like a snail. I don't understand this and I need your help in this regard. Absolutely there is no problem with the OS. Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (64 Bit) supports upto 32 GB of RAM.

My question is .. is there any compatability of RAM I have choosen? guide me .. pls.. I have invested lots of money on this.. :[pouts:

SHAHID

BRISBANE

QLD

Hi,

Last week I bought my system with following configuration:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6240 2.13 GHz/4MB Cache/1066 FSB

Motherboard: Intel DG965SS

MEMORY: l4 Sticks of Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX = 8 GB of RAM

======================================================

Now.. I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (64-Bit) with SP2. After installation my system crawl like a snake. Then I got an Idea and I removed 4GB RAM from the system. The problem is same. Then I removed anther 2 GB. Now my systme got only 2 GB of RAM and the system rocks. Then I tried putting RAM back to the system and saw the performance and the system is crawling again with 8 GB of RAM.

As I increase the RAM the system is getting slower and crawl like a snail. I don't understand this and I need your help in this regard. Absolutely there is no problem with the OS. Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (64 Bit) supports upto 32 GB of RAM.

My question is .. is there any compatability of RAM I have choosen? guide me .. pls.. I have invested lots of money on this.. :[pouts:

SHAHID

BRISBANE

QLD

I think your chipset has limitations with memory speed with the memory slots fully loaded. You can only run 4 sticks of memory at DDR2-533 or slower speed with this chipset. And the G965 chipset has a maximum total memory support of 8GB.

Also, when you had 4GB of memory, which memory slots did you have the two sticks? (This is because putting the two sticks of memory in the wrong combination of slots will disable dual-channel memory controller operation and will instead default to single-channel operation.) And of course, running only one stick will default the memory controller operation to single-channel.

Dear Friend,

Thanks for the reply. I changed the memory speed from 800 to 667 and it's working fine now. Do I need to change and reduce the momory speed even further to 667?

The system haven't started when I changed the momory speed from 667 to 533. It's working fine at 667.

Any clue?

Hi There,

Any clue will help me to start project again. Kindly reply ASAP. Now the system is not faster enough at 667 MHz.

One question:

my motherboard supports 5.5.5. or 6.6.6 timing.. but the RAM show 5.5.5.18.. What's the Last extra number (i.e. 18) do I need to change that as well if I change from 800 MHz to 667 MHz?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was expecting a quick reply but anywayz.. thanks...

I ran memtest and It showed me errors. I guess some stick got currupted (bad addresses)..

What I am suppose to do now? will I get replaced with a good one? Please let me know..

Archived