Corsair Community

A7V600 and 1GB RAM

domtrump

I want to install 1 GB of memory in my system. I need PC3200 DDR400. According to ASUS (I have an A7V600 MB with the VIA KT600 chip set) I can only install one DIMM on this board if I want to run at this speed (400 Mhx FSB with Athlon XP 3200 processor). I doesn't look like I have very many options for a single one gig stick. It looks like the CMX1024-3200 is the piece I need. Can anyone verify that this RAM is compatible with the A7V600? Any other suggestions if it is not? Thanks.

[quote name='domtrump']I want to install 1 GB of memory in my system. I need PC3200 DDR400. According to ASUS (I have an A7V600 MB with the VIA KT600 chip set) I can only install one DIMM on this board if I want to run at this speed (400 Mhx FSB with Athlon XP 3200 processor). I doesn't look like I have very many options for a single one gig stick. It looks like the CMX1024-3200 is the piece I need. Can anyone verify that this RAM is compatible with the A7V600? Any other suggestions if it is not? Thanks.[/QUOTE] Here are the current recs for Via chip sets from [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/currents/CurrentsFEB04.html]Corsair[/URL]. I'm in similar situation with XP3000 400MHz CPU. Good options for 1 GB seem very limited. 512GB in slots 1 and 3 should work according to other Forums, but has been problematic for some. Don't understand why?

Archived