Corsair Community

Memory Match-up

Bomarc

I have Corsair PC-4400 DDR 550MHz, 1 GB TWINX1024-4400PT Memory. I propose installing it with an ASUS K8V Deluxe MB and AMD 3400+ CPU. Does this work, or not? According to the website chart, this memory is intended for Intel chipset motherboards. Also, according to the chart, it recommends 1xTWINX1024-3200C2 or 3200LL, for my motherboard/cpu config. My options are? Thanks for any and all help! Bomarc

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL with this MB, as it has not over clocked as high as other systems. Probably the system will top out about 220Mhz and still be stable.[/QUOTE] Bomarc: OK, if I do that arrangement, that means an RMA situation. Since I already have the other sticks (4400's), will it be possible for them to function within the proposed MB/CPU configuration, without possibly causing system problems? Thanks for your responses.

i have the same situation. AMD 3400+ Asus k8v Deluxe Radeon 9800Pro yada.... yada.... yada.... But I want the FASTEST ram possible. Nobody has confirmed that the PC4400 ram will work in this mobo, so I am a little nervous about purchasing this ram over the PC3200LL that Ram Guy has specifically said that is tested for this Mobo. Will someone please confirm that you are running PC4400 in your Asus K8V Deluxe Mobo and your settings??? Thanks...........

• Corsair Employees
It should not be a problem with this MB but you do realize that this MB will most likely never be able to reach the Freq needed to run the memory at it's full potential, right? I would suggest that you use Twinx1024-3200LL with this MB!

Archived