Corsair Community

Pre-Sale question Nautilus 500

yardbird

I'm really taking a look at this unit as it looks as though it would handle more heat than .... well a MTEC product I was also looking at... however I have a question and this may sound really dumb.... but if I set the Nautilus 500 on top of my case.... what's to prevent it falling off if I bump the case with my knee or something? Is there any provision for a tether or clamp or something?

And if not... want me to design one? I'd just hate like heck to knock it off the case ESPECIALLY while it's running.

• Corsair Employees
Well normally one would not put there case in an area where it might fall over, but things do happen. If you want to make something for your system that is a good Idea, but most cases have expandable feet that will prevent it from falling.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this unit at a friend's house. He had the same question as me, but solved it to his satisfaction easily. it's not so much a matter of "What happens if I knock my case over?" as much as it is, "What happens when I bump my case with my knee?" Things like that.

anyways.... he stuck a velcro hook dot on each foot of the nautilus with corresponding loop dot on the top of his case. Concern solved for under 50 cents. He then proceeded to show me how far he could tip his machine over with the Nautilus velcroed to the top.

Pretty amazing. It sure will stand up to an occasional bump.

Archived