Corsair Community

Can you install Linux

doitathome

• Corsair Employees

Brian,

This will work with any flash drive as long as your system will see a bootable USB device. However, I would suggest you use a Win9X Boot Floppy and set the FV as a bood HDD and then use FDISK and Format from the Win9X floppy to make the FV bootable, then try and use the ustilities if using the spep's provided in that link does not work. But we would not test with open source software.

I was about to buy the 16GB Voyager for Ubuntu 7.XX installation and came across this forum.

I've read the posts and not sure what the resolution is? from what I can tell this is general problem with the voyager? When will it be resolved? I do not want to install another version of ubuntu is thats the solution.

thanks

• Corsair Employees

First which problem are you talking about, does your drive work in the O.S.?

Or if you are talking about being able to install from the USB Key I am sorry that is not a problem that I know of with the Voyager.

I will split this off from the orginal post as its a different issue.

Let me rephrase my question,

Can I install,boot from, and access ubuntu linux with the 16GB voyager?

If I can install and then not have ubunutu recognize the voyager that is a problem as well.

Has the problem which was mentioned in the original thread I posted in resolved? the one where the drive was not being recognized?

thanks

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry Linux is open source and we do not do any testing with this type of platform or configuration. You would need to talk to the makers of that software and see if it can be done. And even if it was a Microsoft product we would not support installing an O.S. or imaging a CD to a Flash drive that would be solely the software vendors responsibility if they will even provide support for it. In most cases this is open source and or share ware and you just have to try it.

If you have a problem seeing the drive in your O.S. and you have the latest Kernel 2.6.10 or newer then yes we can try replacing the drive for you.

Archived