Corsair Community

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium & Corsair CMX 512 dont run

edefauler

Hello,

i have a A(8N-SLI Premium Board an two Corsair CMX 512 -3200XL modules (XMS3200 512MB 400MHz 2.2.2.5)

When i take the once or both Modul only the Board dont start.

The Fan runs, an the HDD runs to.

But i dont can see anything on the screen. The Board dont beep an do nothing

When i take another ddr 400 modul then runs the Computer normaly

I take 2,8Volt for the DIM Modukles but dont change

when i take the normaly DDR400 Modul ain Slot A1 and one Corsair Modul in the Slot B1 then ithe Computer runs

Put i the second Corsair Modul in the Slot B2 i see nothing

Whats wrong ?

Norbert

i have taken the newest BIOS from ASUS

• Corsair Employees
It is very unlikely that both 3200XL modules go bad at the same time. Please test the modules one at a time in the same memory slot with DDR at 2.7x volts. If one works and the other fails, then we will need to replace both of them for you; however, if you get errors with both of them then that would usually suggest other problem. Make sure you clear CCMOS (CLRTC jumper) first. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem. 1 stick appears to be faulty in the A8N SLI Premium board with the same results as Norbert. It's only the 1 stick that seems to be faulty, and always the same stick. The same thing happens when I tried the ram in a different A8N SLI Premium board and an Asus A8V board, the same stick appears faulty. But when I put both sticks in an Albatron KM51PV board both sticks work perfectly and even passed Memtest86 3.3 in dual channel. It seems to be a compatibility problem with the asus boards. Unless there is a way I can boot with the working stick and change some settings in the bios.

BTW, I updated the bios and chipset drivers and it booted with both sticks working, but after about 1 minute my PC crashed and went back to appearing faulty again. I have some different Ram in at the moment and it works fine in dual channel.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived