Corsair Community

Label on my broken ram has faded away...

Ok so i have a bad XMS2 CM2X512-5400C4 stick, however the other one works perfectly fine and the other one has the label on it

on my broken stick the label has faded away because I've worked with it so much to get it going(trying diff slots, etc.)

i don't know whats wrong with the ram, it worked for like 6 months and then it completely stopped working.I

If i insert it in the motherboard the system freezes and won't get in the BIOS or past POST, XP, nothing, just the motherboard logo and then freezes.... it simply doesn't work, I've tryed everything, letting it cool, tried all the other slots

my ram is covered under warranty, so i come online and i see "

* Modules that are missing the label containing Corsair’s part number" excludes my ram from being covered under warranty

is there any possible way i can still send this to Corsair to fix it ?

my other stick has the label written on it, it says "CM2X512-5400C4" which means there 2 sticks. I also have the original box, receipt, and I believe they usually put a sticker on RAM sticks but mine has a heatsink over it, but i cant check it because it might exlude my warranty or damage the ram, and it also has the barcode # on it

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2241/image003ow5.jpg

FYI, CM2X512. the 2X doesn't mean 2 sticks, it means DDR2.

darn -_-

theres still a chance theres a sticker under the heatsink that can identify it, but i cant really take it off :S

oh btw, I'm already 100% sure that this is a XMS2 CM2X512-5400C4 i just dont have any physical proof

• Corsair Employee
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived