Corsair Community

M2N-SLI Deluxe (Problems running dual channel 6400C4D)

TheLoneLupine

I was wondering if anyone else was running the RAM type of CM2X1024-6400C4D and having trouble posting with 2 sticks of RAM in the dual channel mode on a M2N - SLI Deluxe.

If at all I don't know if this RAM is compatible with this motherboard at all even if it has a nice sticker on the front of being "XMS2 Ready".

The things I am looking for is probably a BIOS configuration of some kind, and I have tried many different things from setting my RAM speed down to 667 as well as messing around with the voltage levels to have no success.

BIOS is the latest version it can get as well.

It reads it correctly going at 4-4-4-12 2T, and will run on one stick, but when I pop two in the Award BIOS gives me the memory error beep code of 1 long and 2 short.

I'm pretty sure I have not tried overlooking anything with setting both in the B1 and B2 slots, also trying the A1 and A2, and even trying in A1, B1 ect.

Memtest didn't offer any solutions either.

I failed to learn of the motherboard being picky about RAM before I bought it, and I regret that, but wanna know if this RAM will work on it before I send it, or the board back because of this issue.

So if anyone has any solutions they can provide please list them, and I appreciate the help.

• Corsair Employees
Did you test both modules one at a time and do they both run one up? If the answer is yes then there is a problem with the CPU or MB and I would contact ASUS and make sure the BIOS you have will support the CPU you have installed.

Archived