Corsair Community

Poor RMA Service

RMA - 1013288

I sent this order back overnight/expedited shipping because this particular module is used in a business computer (self-employed) and it needed to be fixed pretty much immediately... Corsair received the product at 10:18AM Thursday morning (06/28/07). So I figured at this point they have it I can just wait. I wait until Monday to contact Corsair and when I do they claim that it was not delivered, to which I reply with the tracking information proving it was delivered. They stated it would be checked and shipped out that day since it was delivered.

I again call today and yet again they try to claim it was not delivered (until they see the note from the previous tech person when I told them it was). And yet again they claim it is going to ship out today.

If they had just shipped it on time it would have arrived fine but now with holidays it will be another week+ before I get my RAM back since UPS will not deliver if no one is home...

This is the 2nd time I've had to RMA with this company and the 2nd time they've managed to screw at least something up...

Well the customer service rep that I spoke too yesterday morning claimed they were going to email me the tracking number yesterday to assure it was shipped. It is now the following day and no email about my shipment. Considering it is now a holiday I doubt I'll even get an email today or my stuff until next week. Cannot believe I wasted the extra money to send this back quickly.

So they claimed it was shipped Monday with tracking, it was not. They then claimed it would definitly go out Tuesday and I would receive tracking by the end of the day, they did not. Wednesday was a holiday so obviously nothing from them then. Today, Thursday I called yet again and yet again it has not shipped out, even though I've been told twice it was definitly going out. Again they promised it would ship today but I'm not holding my breath anymore. I wasted $20 on shipping only to be lied to repeatedly. It was poor service before but now its just horrible. At least stop lying and tell me when it's actually going out.

Finally after a week of them having it they shipped it out... Even after all these delays they still shipped it via the slower UPS method and never once gave a real truthful answer about why they did not ship my order on time. The least they could have done was to ship it faster to make up for the frequent lying...

Definitely a lesson learned about the way they handle people.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry and I dont know what happened but we will look into this, and UPS is our shipper of preference for all shipping. And they will normally upgrade the shipping to a faster service in this instance.

Sorry but that was not the case about the shipping. I even requested it be shipped faster to make up for this but it is still going through the standard 3 day shipping method instead of the requested faster speed...

Scheduled Delivery: 07/10/2007

Shipped or Billed on: 07/05/2007

Service Type: 3 DAY SELECT

Weight: .70 Lb

Especially when they received the package at 10:18 Thursday morning at my expense of $19+ overnight shipping to ensure it was processed/received faster.

Not really sure what they could do at this point. They already shipped it the slower rate and no email since Friday. Just sad that I can have it to Corsair in less than 24 hours and it takes them almost 2 weeks to get it back.

• Corsair Employees

I do not have access to your phone number or I would call you my self. but our Customer Service told me they have been in contact with you by email.

You are welcome to call me at 800-205-7657 and I will get you with the Customer Service Manager.

Well yes they have emailed, but the only thing they emailed was the tracking number. There was no excuse as to why they did not honor shipping it faster or why it was shipped out later or why they lied each day about it being shipped.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but I don't understand what you are talking about! Did you talk to one of our customer service persons? What did they tell you? Or did you just leave a message? You are welcome to call and ask for me and I will do my best to help you get this worked out! 800-205-7657.

Archived