Corsair Community

vaio PCG-FR 130 corsair compatibility

r2b22001

Memory upgrade for VAIO PCG-FR 130 with Corsair value select 2 X 512 MB 200 pin DDR SO Dimm (2100). Laptop will not boot (with either one or two units installed). Present memory is 256 MB DDR PC 2100 CL 2.5 Can anyone help?

• Corsair Employees
Did you look up your system on our memory configurator? And do you have the modules that are suggested? If the answer is yes please make sure that you have the latest BIOS and then take the memory out and try to post the system with no memory installed and then try the modules one at a time.

Thank you, ram guy. We do have the memory that is recommended from Corsair but I do not know how to check and determine if we have the latest bios and I am not sure about posting the system without memory. If you can be patient with me to talk me through some tech stuff, I would appreciate it very much.

Gratefully, R2B22001.

• Corsair Employees
Just turn off the system and remove the battery and then remove the modules from the system there are usually two of them on some systems one will be under the KB and one on the bottom. then turn the system on and see if you get the No memory detected beeps and then turn it off and install one module and see if the system will post. For the BIOS or Firmware I would suggest contacting the MB or system maker's tech support if you are not sure.

Archived