Corsair Community

Bad Stick XMS2 Dominator TWIN2x2048-6400C4D

I recently built a new system and purchased 2 kits of the TWIN2X2048-6400C4D memory modules. I loaded the system using 2 x 1gb sticks in the system, loading Vista 64, updated it, downloaded the MS patch for 4 gig memory usage and so forth. After this, I added my 2 remaining 1 gb sticks into the system and it wouldn't even post. I started testing the sticks one at a time with memtest. 3 of the sticks tested fine but the 4th one wouldn't even post. I'm assuming that this stick is completely dead and would need to be replaced? I moved other sticks to the other slots to rule out that the MB had a bad memory slot. Anything else I need to try or can I get this replaced. Also if RMA is authorized, since this is a 2 stick set, I would need to send 2 sticks (1 working and the dead one) for replacement? Thanks!!!

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived