Corsair Community

Nearly the same Problem here!

Fabian T.

Hi all,

first of all: Nice Forum! I could find a lot of information and settings worth trying out, just by reading it. :]

Unfortunately I have nearly the same Problem as Frallo does and can not solve it! Well, in my case its even more confusing.

My Data:

Motherboard: Asus P5WDH Deluxe

Bios Version: 2004 (latest)

Ram: Corsair Twin2x2048-6400 C4

Well, the program "Everest" says I have two times "Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4", which have the Enhanced Performance Profile:

Memory performance: DDR2 800

Memory voltage: 2.1V

Memory timings: 4-4-4-12

Row Cycle Time: 22T

Command Rate: 2T

Write Recovery Time: 6T

When I leave everything "Auto" in Bios, my Ram settings are DualDDR2-667 with 5-5-5-15. With this the PC is absolutely stable! No freeze, no Blue-Screens.

When I enter the Bios and put in the settings like mentioned above (Everything except Row Cycle Time and Command Rate, because I can not find these settings in my Bios), the PC becomes unstable and a Blue Screen appears frequently after 1 - 2 hours. The Blue Screen Code is nearly always "0x0000007F" which refers to a "Hardware Error, mostly Memory".

After reading several threads I disabled the Legacy USB Support, put memtest v1.70 on a Boot-CD and ran Memtest all night long with the "unstable but correct" settings. Result: The test ran through 17 times WITHOUT ANY ERROR! So Windows tells me the Ram is broken, but Memtest can not find anything unusual.

So, if you have any Idea what I can try out to find the problem of my System, please dont hesitate. ;)

@Ram Guy: The Settings you showed for the Motherboards Asus P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe, should they also work for my Board?

Regards

Fabian T.

Thank you very much for the fast answer. I see I am in good hands here. :]

Unfortunately I still have some doubts and questions. ;)

The settings are there for reference just use them as that when you setup your system.

Ok, but my Motherboard is NOT a Asus P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe. It is a Asus P5WDH Deluxe. Does this "reference settings" still apply for my Board?

If I put down the CPU External Frequency from 266Mhz to 200Mhz like suggested in the reference settings, does this not reduce the performance of my System significantly?

I can not find the "Command Rate" and "Row Cycle Time" settings in my Bios. Do you have any Ideas where they could be hidden? I have the feeling that this settings are the reason why my System crashes.

Regards

Fabian T.

• Corsair Employees

Intel chipsets will not support Command Rate, but the other settings should cross.

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-6400C4:

Motherboard make and model: Asus P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz

PCI Express Freq: Auto

PCI Freq: 33.33

Performance Mode: Standard

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If it's Listed)

Command Rate: 2T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 2.1

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Archived