Corsair Community

Voyager GT 8GB incorrect parameter error.

metalangel

Hi Ram guy, last week i bought an voyager GT 8gb, but i having some troubles with it, every time i try to unzip a file to the hd, or unzip a file to the flahs drive i get an error Incorrect Parameter, then i have to unplug and plug again the flahs drive, but every time this happen , i lost all my files! when i plug it again and windows regonize it , it reacts like if it was the first time i pluged it on computer , it erases the name i alread changed,use the default name and dont allow me to put files asking me if i wanna format the flash drive =/

Is Theres some reazon to this problem happening? or i get an malfunction flash drive?

I never use any software to creat partitions or secure partitions,(even because this dont bring a cd with the corsair utility progam) just plug (twice) and use, is that something wrong with that?

I will really appreciate your help =]

PS:Sorry for the bad english, i not us resident, my friend bough it on newegg and bring it to me.

• Corsair Employees
Are you using that on the system in your list? If so I would suggest trying an externally powered USB hub or test it on another system to be sure. But it sounds like it might not be getting enough power from what you have described.

Are you using that on the system in your list? If so I would suggest trying an externally powered USB hub or test it on another system to be sure. But it sounds like it might not be getting enough power from what you have described.

I tryed to use the back usb and its working now, maybe the front usb dont have enought power like you said , thanks for help :D:

MetalAngel,

I've got the same problems you are seeing with my 8GB Survivor.

I've tried different ports on different machines and sometimes I can go a week before I see it again.

The only pattern I can see it that it seems to happen during periods of heavy read/writes.

I don't have a powered USB hub to test with, but that would defeat the idea of it being portable.. Not sure who is to blame, the implementors of the port or the flash drive, all I know is I'm loosing trust in the Survivor and might have to come up with another way to carry my data/apps around on something stable. We'll see. I would recommend you back your stuff up as much as possible while you test it..

Good luck..

• Corsair Employees
I would see if a friend might have a USB Hub you can use to test with, they are not very expensive I bought one for 20.00 USD when I was traveling in April, but just see if you can use it to test.

Archived