Corsair Community

620hx and SLI

old.StevO

Hello there!

My Question is if my HX 620 PSU will handle a 8800GTX SLI and 2 Raptor 150 Hdds in Raid0 mode ? I don´t want to change my PSU if i don´t really need to , i like it even with that annoing high pitching noise it does lol , plz help me :sigh!:

Best regards

StevO

Now i'm a little confused. On my HX620 there is only two modular 6 pin. I use both of these on my XFX 8800 GTX. How would i get two more 6 pin for one more 8800 GTX?

Oh and one more question. The modular cables on the psu is VERY stiff. Is it possible to buy some new cable that are not so stiff. And what are they called?

Other than that i am very happy with the psu, it's just screams quality. Good work.

O.k. nice, but will that not be the same stiff cables that i got with my psu. But is nice to know if i need extras. Will they send them to Denmark?

This is the first psu i have ever installed, and i thought that the cables were standard. But looking at other psu i can see that they are actually different.

But what about my 8800 GTX question. How would i power 2 8800 GTX i SLI with HX620W?

I have run a QX6700 (@3.33Ghz), 2 Evga 8800GTX superclocked cards in Sli, 2 raptor HDD, 1 DVD and 2 fans without any issues on a EVGA 680i Nforce Motherboard.

I have also run the same setup above with only a single Gfx card and added 4 more fans and 2 MCP655 water pumps. However with this setup, my VREGs around my CPU were chirping under load.

I am not sure if this was PSU related or not- I have a Thermatake Toughpower 1200 PSU coming in next week to find out. Everything is watercooled except for the VREGs- where I have a small fan blowing on the heat spreaders.

Archived