Corsair Community

Bad Dominator RAM?!?!?!

Hi RAMGUY - I have fairly new Dominator CM2X1024-6400C4D RAM, 2 sticks that are bad. Apparently, they're so bad that when I boot with them on a EVGA NForce 680i LT SLI, the floppy attempts to load MEMTEST, but when it loads into RAM, the machine hangs forcing a power-off, power-on.

The reason I think it has to be the RAM is that I place CORSAIR 240P TWIN2X2048-8500C5, also purchased from NewEgg shortly after the Dominator RAM, the machine boots fine. Here are the particulars from the NewEgg invoice that were part of a major hardware upgrade.

Invoice 24363471

Your Sales Order Number:53187311

Order Date:03/17/2007

Order Total: $1,195.01

Name Steve Mitchell

Address Blah, Blah, Blah

City Keller

State TX

Zip Code 76248

Your Cust ID: SECURE

Item Description Quantity Unit Price Extended Price

20-145-168 MEM 1Gx2|COR TWIN2X2048-6400C4D R 1 $265.00 $265.00

Where do I go from here?

Steve

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived