Corsair Community

P5N32-E SLI and CM2X1024-6400C4D

smakaris

Hello,

I need you help in solving this great puzzle!

I cannot get the motherboard to post if I install both RAM modules in either slot. The only way the mobo posts is if I install only one module in slot A2.

I've set the timing manualy to 4-4-4-12-2T@800MHz and 2.1V

I've tested both modules (only one installed each time) with memtest and I get no errors!

Could you please help me out? It's really a same to not be able to use both modules, which by the way are listed as compatible with this mobo...

Regards,

smakaris

Hello RAM GUY,

Please test the modules one at a time and make sure one is not failing, if they both run and pass www.memtest.org one up them there is some other problem, most likely would be the chipset on the MB or a weak PSU.

I've tested both modules (only one installed each time) with memtest and I get no errors!

I've already tested both modules one at the time, on slot A2, running at 800MHz 4-4-4-12-2T@2.1V and everything is ok.

The problem arises as soon as I install both modules, in any possible slot combination. The PSU is a Zalman 600W, and I'm really confident that this is not the source of the problem. It looks like an incompatibility between the mobo and the ram modules, or incorrect memory configuration on my part.

What values should the memory settings have (timings, voltage, etc) for both modules on that mobo? In which slots should they be installed?

Regards,

smakaris

I have BIOS v.1103 which is the latest.

I've found out that ASUS has a QLV list for RAM, and my Corsair modules are in table 800MHz listed as:

1024MB CORSAIR Heat-Sink Package DS CM2X1024-6400C4

A* : Supports one module inserted in any slot as Single-channel memory configuration

C* : Supports 4 modules inserted into both the blue and white slots as two pairs of Dual-channel memory configuration

My modules differ a bit as the are CM2X1024-6400C4D, and they do not work in any slot as Single Channel memory, but only in slot A2.

Corsair compatibility wizard did not say anything like the above!

I cannot simply return the mobo based on the problems occuring with Corsair RAM, I believe that I need to test with RAM modules from some other manufacturer before I conclude that the mobo is faulty.

I simply want to rule out that I've misconfigured the RAM settings in BIOS.

Do these modules work in P5N32-E SLI?

Have you run any tests before listing them as compatible in you site?

Which settings did you use?

Regards,

smakaris

• Corsair Employees

Sir,

Yes of course we test with a lot of ASUS MB's and if you want to test them in another MB or test with other memory by all means. But I have answered you and from experience I can tell you that you need to replace the MB and or CPU or you have a power problem.

You can also look up the MB in our Corsair Labs Performance Reports.

Archived