Corsair Community

8 pin PCI-E connector question

Varroa

I just purchased a HX620 and a 8 pin PCI-E connector (the one that has a 6 pin and a 8 pin PCI-E connectors on one cable). I have a HD2900 XT video card with the 6 pin and 8 pin PCI-E connectors on it. My question to everybody, is it ok to use the single PCI-E cable that has both the 6 pin and 8 pin connector to power this card or should I use a seperate 6 pin PCI-E cable along with the 8 pin cable? Basicly is it ok to run this card using one cable or should I use 2? I am currently running it using just hte one cable and I have no problems overclocking the card but I don't want to put too much strain on the one cable/connector, thanks. :confused:

• Corsair Employees
I just purchased a HX620 and a 8 pin PCI-E connector (the one that has a 6 pin and a 8 pin PCI-E connectors on one cable). I have a HD2900 XT video card with the 6 pin and 8 pin PCI-E connectors on it. My question to everybody, is it ok to use the single PCI-E cable that has both the 6 pin and 8 pin connector to power this card or should I use a seperate 6 pin PCI-E cable along with the 8 pin cable? Basicly is it ok to run this card using one cable or should I use 2? I am currently running it using just hte one cable and I have no problems overclocking the card but I don't want to put too much strain on the one cable/connector, thanks. :confused:

You'll be fine using one cable, the cables are qualified for this.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really interested in this 8-pin pci-e connector. Where could I find it?. I have the same problem with a HD-2900-XT g-card and the 6-pin pci-e connector of my psu. So I'm looking for this cable connector.

Thank you, Goyo.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived