Corsair Community

RMA and support - no answer from both

DotS

I bought 2 modules seperately some years ago (couldn't afford a kit) - those are CMX512 - 3200XL RAMs. Few months ago I discovered that one of those is defective, it shows errors in Memtest86 as well as Goldmemory every once in a while, the other module doesn't. Needless to say that sending just one module back is pretty useless to me, what to do with 512 MB RAM which aren't manufactured any longer..

However 3 months ago I called the support hotline, but failed to really say what I want - I can't speak english fluently. So I was given an e-mail address (janamk at corsairmemory.com) and was told via e-mail that I could send both modules to Corsair and would get a full refund (the amount I paid in the store), I also received an RMA form. I was busy and forgot to contact Corsair again, so I did last week.

I filled in the needed information on the RMA form and sent it to rma at corsairmemory.com, plus asking if I have to pay shipping in the first place / how I could send the modules without paying for shipping (couldn't afford it at the moment, the RMA form itself that has to be put on the parcel doesn't read 'receiving party will pay shipping'). And if I have to send in copies of the bills to prove what I paid for the modules.

Unfortunately there was no answer, so I sent an e-mail to janamk at corsairmemory.com with the same request some days ago. There's no answer either. What to do? Calling Corsair isn't a good idea since my english is acceptable when written, but not when spoken...

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but the person you spoke to before is no longer here and most likely why you got no reply from her. However, we have people that can speak Spanish, Tagalog, and English, as well as a few others, but as a rule we do not offer refunds as we do not sell direct, we will be happy to replace the modules for you if they are indeed failing, but I would need to know more about the system you are using and the settings you had set.

You are more than welcome to submit the RMA and we will repair and or replace them if you like, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Other wise I would suggest calling our Customer Service and let them know what or where your are from and if they have someone that can help you in your native toung, 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0"

That's weird, because the mail (3 months ago) reads

Once we receive it, either we will replace with some options that you will choose (corsair will pay for that shipment) and if you want refund we will

provide you refund based on your invoice.

However, the module (only one of those 2, making the second useless because it's too small / no identical module available any longer, mail read I can send both back) failed on 2 systems, tried one RAM after another, not both at once, errors coming once in a while (sometimes right away at the start, sometimes it takes hours):

A64 3200+ Winchester (S939)

Asus A8V Deluxe (most recent BIOS, Rev. 2 K8T800 Pro chipset)

Settings: 2-2-2-5-1T (tried 2.5-2-2-5-1T too), Voltages were 2.6-2.7V afair

Nothing overclocked

A64 3800+ Venice (S939)

Asus A8N-E (BIOS 1013, Rev.2? nForce 4 Ultra chipset)

Same settings for RAM

Not overclocked either

Both systems running well with other modules.

I'm from Austria btw., so native language is German.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but there would have been some reason we had offered you that, and I would not know why, as like I said its not policy. You really need to talk to our customer service and work that out with them.

What was your RMA number, did they issue you one? Or please send me an email with your previous email and put ATT Ram Guy in the subject line and I will have our customer service contact you?

What was your RMA number, did they issue you one?

Unfortunately not, I got the RMA form, but it reads 'fill this in, e-mail it to rma at corsairmemory.com and you'll get an authorization #' -> I guess that's the mentioned RMA number.

I will send you an e-mail containing the previous mails from and to Corsair. Is there any address to do this? rma@.... or warranty@...? Or just using the forum's mail function?

I'm not sure actually. I missed 2 unknown calls on thursday, problem is that many people called on that day because someone had birthday, so it could've been just anyone... Best and easiest way to contact me would really be via e-mail.

Called today and received the RMA confirmation e-mail afterwards, I'll receive refund because those modules aren't manufactured any longer. Thanks for the support and patience :):

Archived