Corsair Community

No Dual Channel with my Memory

DocDurch

Hi,

I have on my MSI K8N Diamond 3x VS512MB400.

Today i buyed another VS512MB400 to activate Dual Channel.

The first View on the new RAM shows that only on front are Chips and not on rear my other 3 RAM´s got Chips on both Side.

So its the same Model Number but different RAM.

If i put all 4 in NO dual Channel.

2 of the old RAM = Dual.

One old RAM and the new one no Dual Channel.

What can i do ?

Thx for Help.

• Corsair Employees

Its best that you purchase all of the modules at the same time, to avoid this type of issue.

You can contact our customer service and ask them if they can replace all of your modules if you like but short of that the best I can suggest would be to see if the reseller will let you send it back and then find another use for the old modules and order VS2GBKit400C3 instead.

If you want to try our customer service 888-2224346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0".

Thx for the Help !

What about takin two of the old RAM in same colored slots and buy a second "New" RAM for the other colored Slots ?

Would that work ? Or must all be the Same RAM in Order to Work.

I would waste one of the old RAM but at least it would be the most uncomplicated Solution.

Thx for the Help !

What about takin two of the old RAM in same colored slots and buy a second "New" RAM for the other colored Slots ?

Would that work ? Or must all be the Same RAM in Order to Work.

I would waste one of the old RAM but at least it would be the most uncomplicated Solution.

With any AMD Athlon 64 platform all of your memory modules should be exactly the same in every single minute detail. Otherwise, your system might not even POST.

Archived