Corsair Community

K9N SLI Platinum POST problem

Aelux

I recently put together the system which i've described in my PC's specs part of the site, which I think everyone has access to - I see a little thing that says Aelux's PC specs so hopefully everyone else sees that. I had to restart the system several times for it to POST at all and when I finally got it to post I manually set the ram timings to 4-4-4-12-2T at 2.1V, which was recommended and that seemed to work. The computer was doing fine, I installed windows vista 32-bit edition and hooked myself up to the internet and I was getting some windows updates when my video went out. I figured ok, maybe the ram did something wierd so I just reset and kept resetting, but no video....I then decided to take the ram out and that didn't work either.

I then proceeded to just reset the CMOS and start over, but now the motherboard does nothing but give me beep codes for parity error or 64k of ram failed and continues to not show video....Any ideas? Is this the ram or the motherboard....this is the second motherboard, btw....The previous motherboard did the same with my other ram, but I had thought it was a ram problem so I bought this recommended ram for it and now i'm back to where I started with the PREVIOUS one I turned back into the store for a swap....

I've spent so much time with this i'm ready to just kill MSI...I've never had so many problems with a motherboard before....

I got fed up with MSI and it's beep codes so I got this new ASUS today....It worked right out of box, no problems with ram or anything....POSTED beautifully....BUT, I got it home and it wouldn't show any video...I remembered when I was putting it together at my grandmothers that it wouldn't show video unless I turned the monitor on and off after I turned on the computer, so I did this again by bringing my grandmothers monitor over to my house and doing the same thing, it shows video just fine, but only when I turn the monitor on and off right after turning on the computer....

With my monitor, it just switches between digital and analogue without ever finding anything, though it never says no signal, it just doesn't display anything....would this be contributed to a PSU problem do you think? I have 5 hard drives, 7 fans, a cd/dvd rom drive, etc....

I have two monitors, my grandmothers and mine, both lcd's....I hooked my grandmothers up using an analogue cable with a converter to dvi thingy and it worked just fine, I turned on the computer, hit source on the monitor and it saw it immediately....I used the dvi on MY monitor and I couldn't get any video hitting source or not.....I then proceeded to put the dvi cable on my grandmothers lcd to make sure it wasn't a bad dvi cable.

I did this and the dvi connection worked just fine with my grandmothers lcd. I then put the analogue cable on MY lcd and when hitting source, it found the video no problem. My conclusions were as follows:

Grammas lcd: both analogue and digital worked just fine when I hit source after turning on the computer, it saw the video no problem

MY lcd: only analogue connection was able to find video signal.

Would this be attributed to a graphics card problem or lcd? It seems obvious enough, I know, but I want to make sure before I go out and buy an lcd.

Archived