Corsair Community

Faulty CMX1024-3200c2pt Module

Evening,

I've got what I believe can only be a faulty module.

I actually own two of the above modules and only 1 of the 2 modules cause problems. I've tested one module at a time and can confirm that one works fine while the other constantly crashes my system after a few minutes of intensive use. It seems the system can boot up ok however as soon as the system is put under strain it blue screens and crashes. Once crashed it will not boot up again (Motherboard Beeps and BIOS screen does not appear) until after a fairly long period of time (could this indicate heat?). The other module works absolutely fine. I've tried various motherboard memory settings but it simply doesn't want to play.

I have run memtest on the module twice this evening. Both times it has crashed with "Unexpected Interrupts - Halting".

Test 1 failed at

Pass: 99%

Test: 100%

Test #7

Test 2 failed at 98%

Test: 100%

Test #7

I live in the UK. Is there an alternative rather than shipping the module to the US? I'll happily do this if required but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks very much.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Hi RAM GUY,

I had previously tried those memory settings but I thought I would give it another go this morning. Unfortunately I couldn't even get my system to boot with the faulty memory module.

I tried a few various things: - resetting the cmos, setting the memory settings with my working (identical) module before swapping, using motherboard defaults etc etc. You name it, I tried it but the faulty chip would not boot this morning.

It definately has to be the module. As I say, I have another working CMX1024-3200C2PT Module which works perferctly.

I'll log an RMA Request.

Archived