Corsair Community

AMD FX51 Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP PRO 940 and what ram???

Suey_Cydal

OK i need help ive been readin everywhere that if u got a amd fx51 u need registered ecc ram 2 boot it... is this true because before i back read bout it i bought corsair tiwn 2x 512mb 3200 xms ll pro (the 1s with lights) i built the system once it seemed 2 work but i not sure as agp slot was messed so just wonderin will it work or am i gonna have 2 fork out for registered ecc ram and kick myself if i cant send the old ones back??? thabnk you Suey

[quote name='Suey_Cydal']OK i need help ive been readin everywhere that if u got a amd fx51 u need registered ecc ram 2 boot it... is this true because before i back read bout it i bought corsair tiwn 2x 512mb 3200 xms ll pro (the 1s with lights) i built the system once it seemed 2 work but i not sure as agp slot was messed so just wonderin will it work or am i gonna have 2 fork out for registered ecc ram and kick myself if i cant send the old ones back??? thabnk you Suey[/QUOTE] Yes, it's true. The current AMD FX line (which is what you have) will only use Registered ECC RAM. J1NG

Archived