Corsair Community

NV4_disp issue

Chyreen

Greetings! All

I have just built a new rig please see spec below:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache Processor

Asus P5N-E SLI 650i Socket 775 Onboard Audio ATX

Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL4(4-4-4-12) E.P.P. Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty

Coolermaster eXtreme Power 650W PSU - ATX 12V V2.01 120mm Fan 20+4pin

Zalman CNPS7700-ALCU Super Flower Socket 478, 754, 940, 775 & 939 CPU Cooler

LG GSA-H30NBAL 16x SATA DVD±RW/RAM - Bare Black OEM

Point Of View 8800GTX 768MB DVIx2 TVO PCI-E

WD Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB SATA 10KRPM 16MB Cache

The nv4_disp issue I am having, is when I'm trying to play any games. I install and start the game as normal but after around 30sec to 5mins of gaming my PC locks up and freezes sometimes with a BSOD reporting the error with NV4_disp.dll or nothing at which point I just switch of the PC and start again.

Does any know of and Compatibility issue with any of my components?

Do I have a duff components ie memory, graphic?

Is there a fix?

HELP!

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived