Corsair Community

Wow, very good overclock, but wondering about 2 last settings...

I recently upgraded my CPU to an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ w/ a 333MHz FSB on a Barton core. For some reason, the upgrade allowed me to tweak my RAM timings much more stably than my original Athlon XP 2600+ on a T-Bred core. In anycase, I now have my 1GB of VS512MB400 it running as (btw, it's DDR400 but my system cannot run the itself asynchro with the CPU FSB): 2.7V 2-3-6-3 Command Rate: 1T It's hella savage!! :sunglasse I got my benchmarks to show a performance gain of 10%! I went from 82% originally to 92% bandwidth efficiency with the new timings. I'm kind of tempted to change the latency to 1.5 just to see what would happen. But nah, I think that's a bit extreme, hehe. However, I was wondering what the following settings are for: Write Recovery Time (tWR) DRAM Access Time I read from [url]http://www.techwarelabs.com/reviews/memory/memory_timings/index_3.shtml[/url] that their tests couldn't figure out what modifying those above values did. What are your thoughts on the issue?

Interesting, I shall have to check that out with the DDR 400 stuff I have at home. I have no idea what those other settings do, is there an auto function in the bios? I would also NOT try CAS1.5 I have tried that with alot of different ram chips, and MBs and its never worked, I have even tried DDR400 running as DDR200, with no luck. If its working, then don't fix it. out...

ah yes, there is definitely an auto settings. However, it's sort of a one size fits all. Auto setting will end up setting all timing to SPD. In anycase, using SPD settings, I'm only getting about 86% efficiency with my underclocked PC3200's.... still waiting on getting a new motherboard and CPU so I can run synchronously DDR400 with my CPU FSB. But no justification or $$ at the moment for that.... :[pouts:

Archived