Corsair Community

xms2 8500c5d

Ivgnfshng

Hello, my name is Randy. I'm new to the group but it looks like I came to the right place. Memory experts, sounds like just what I need. I have just purchased Dells newest XPS system which shipped with 2G Corsair 800 MHz 0verclocked to 1066 MHz. Since they wanted an additional 600 bucks for another 2G, I opted to purchase additional ram outside of Dell. I bought a set of XMS2 8500 C5D 1066MHz and have now installed them. Before installation, the system indicated that I had 2g ram installed. After installation, the system indicated I had 2.5g ram installed. This is well short of the 4g I thought I would have. What am I missing here? Is there an issue of compatability since Dells original 2g is 800MHz overclocked to 1066 MHz and the 2g I added is 1066 MHz normally? Do I have to tweak something to get 4g working? Any help or insight is appreciated........

• Corsair Employees
That may be normal and with 4 Four module you should be running the memory at DDR800 and there should be a setting in the BIOS to remap the memory but you have to be running a 64-Bit O.S. to see the full four Gig of memory, how much memory is shown in the BIOS?

Archived