Corsair Community

Vista Ultimate not installing drivers for Voyager GT 4gb

manderson5192

• Corsair Employees
That is strange, did you try and remove what ever is listed in Device manager and then restart the system and re-insert the FVGT? If it will still not detect I would try and do a fresh Install of the O.S. on another HDD just to test the system.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have the exact same problem, as explained above.

My 8GB Voyager GT works fine with Windows XP, but Windows Vista somehow can't find any drivers for it. Not in any of the Windows folders, on the Vista DVD oder at the Web.

Are there any solutions to this problem by now? I would like to keep my Voyager GT, since i'm absolutely amazed by it's speed, but if i can't get it to work under Windows Vista it's useless to me and i have to return it. :(

Please tell me there is a solution by now. Please, please, please.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you are an Administrator or Sing in as one and then remove anything that is listed in device manager

then remove the device and restart the system and when its done loading connect the drive and if it does not detect the driver just point it to //Windows/System32/Drivers or search for the driver its looking for. It is there in the O.S.

• 3 weeks later...
to //Windows/System32/Drivers or search for the driver its looking for. It is there in the O.S.

i have the same problem and get this errors

Description:

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 10.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode

Architecture: x64

Hardware Id: UMB\STORAGE#VOLUME#1&19F7E59C&0&_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_CORSAIR&PROD_VOYAGERGT&REV_1100#A153000000000067&0#

Setup class GUID: {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a}

PnP problem code: 0000000A

Driver name: WUDFRd.sys

Driver version: 6.0.6000.16386

Driver date: 11-02-2006

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

At first it worked fine. Then i tried to install truescript, but afterworths i thought it a lot of work on other pc's etc. so i wanted to get rid of it and thought ok format will do the job so i formatted the drive. and then it was not accessable anymore in vista. but in xp it was found and was so called not formatted so i format again (FAT32). and in xp i could do something with it. but now in vista it does not work anymore.

I really hope there is a good solution for this problem

I just looked into it further and found out thet truecrypt does reconize the drive so i am now formatting it again with truecrypt.

it works again in vista, but if i put it in a xp pc it says it is not formatted. and askes if i want to format it. what is the best solution for this problem. i want it readable in vista as in xp

I just looked into it further and found out thet truecrypt does reconize the drive so i am now formatting it again with truecrypt.

it works again in vista, but if i put it in a xp pc it says it is not formatted. and askes if i want to format it. what is the best solution for this problem. i want it readable in vista as in xp

ok now i tried to format it in vista again. to make it accessable in vista AND xp. but i have to mount it before i am able to see it in vista. This is stupid i don't want to use any external software to access my drive.

OK i found the solution for the problems. Just format it. then open explorer and right click on the my computer then do manage, then click storage then disc management then click on the usb stick drive and do add volume letter and it works again in vista and xp withiut truescript :P

good luck all:laughing:

Archived