Corsair Community

2x 512mb Corsair XMS pro sticks

Ice589

I have 2 of these sticks EDIT: TWINX1024-3200C2PRO

I bought them in a Dual channel pack from Newegg when i built my new machine about a year ago.

I'm starting to get BSODs again so i pulled out my Memtest boot disk:

Over 17 passes

Test1: 1 Error

Test4: 102 Errors

Test7: 4 Errors

Does not seem like a lot, but it may explain the random BSOD's I've been getting.

I ran a test on both of my hard drives and they came up fine. I put my video card and power supply (Antec 430w True) and ran benchmarks in another system and all passed with flying colors. (No freezes, good performance numbers)

I have not changed any settings since the day i built the system.

Ram is set to stock timings: 2-3-3-6 at Stock frequency and has never been overclocked.

Information updated from newegg receipt:

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2PRO - Retail

Sorry for the mistake.

Danny

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I did as you asked.

One of the dimms is reporting errors after 6 passes. The other dimm is on pass 9 without any errors.

I have a second set of memory and i can not get them to show errors (single stick and dual channel)

I'm pretty sure it's the memory.

Danny

Archived