Corsair Community

Bad Memory Module

I recently built a new system running Twin XMS 1024x2 6400C4 modules and have been receiving some BSOD's in the form of BAD_POOL_CALLER. I did some research and found that many say it could be the memory. I ran memtest on each of the modules and the first failed immediately.

I took that module out and ran the second one which passed the tests. I've been running this one module for a few days and havent seen any BSOD's.

BIOS is up to date and the sticks I have running at 4-4-4-12 2T at 2.1v.

I believe I've done the leg work for the RMA, any other thoughts?

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

• 3 weeks later...

Many of the post in this forum and the CC forum had me worried about my RMA. I sent it UPS with a tracking, it was signed for yesterday morning, but I needed to be sure, so I call..

I gave the representative my information, she was very nice. She then told me that my RMA had not been recieved. :bigeyes: I gave her the name of the signer, Patel and the tracking number and she said, "Oh, I see. We'll get those to you in 3 days." I told her I was glad I had called.

This isn't something that I wanted to babysit, but I feel now I have to call and check on this everyday to ensure that new sticks are sent out to me. :confused:

• Corsair Employees
We changed to a new accounting system and it has caused some issues in the past few weeks but most if not all have been corrected to my knowledge. However, you are welcome to call and check no problem, but I would suggest just asking for a tracking number the next time you call.

Archived