Corsair Community

Bad Stick (again)

dawhite

Quite a long time ago (November) I discovered I had a bad stick of memory and got a replacement authorization. Since I have two sticks of memory, I was told that I should send them both in, but since that would mean putting my computer out of commission I never got around to it. I've just finally got a break now and can do without my memory for a few weeks. Can I still return the part?

Thanks,

David

PS: Here's the original post:

Hi, I have a dead RAM stick and I was wondering if I could get it replaced. The stick is a XMS2400 (really old, I know), and is one of two that I have in my computer. Yesterday, my computer started freezing and then refused to turn on. Today, with the aid of a user support guy at the college I go to, we figured out that this one particular stick was dead. My motherboard has two memory slots, and the computer won't start no matter which slot the stick is in. The other stick, which is identical, allows the computer to boot with no problem from either slot.

Can I still get the stick replaced even though it's so old?

Thanks,

David

• Corsair Employees
Please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them to update the RMA#, they will likely issue you a new number because we changed to a new accounting system!

Archived