Corsair Community

VS1GB667D2 & Abit IL9 Pro Compatibility

pswfd

Hi I hope someone can help me with an annoying problem im having.....

I bought a new system with an Abit IL9 Pro MB and im using 4 x VS1GB667D2 ram modules, the problem is only 3gb is showing in the bios - i thought they were faulty so i had them replaced by the vendor but after getting the new ones I find i still have the same problem, i have read various posts on this site regarding voltage settings but to be honest i dont know much about them or if they will even solve this problem,

I have taken all the DIMM's out and put them in only 1 at a time and they all register as 1GB in bios so i know they are not faulty, i have also updated the BIOS and tried reducing the memory clock speed - does anyone have any suggestions or should i just go for different memory entirely?

• Corsair Employees
There will be a setting to remap the memory in BIOS that you may have to enable and I would check with the MB Maker for the proper settings you might need. In addition, if you are using a 32-Bit O.S. you may only see 2.6-3.5 Gig of available memory in Windows.

There will be a setting to remap the memory in BIOS that you may have to enable and I would check with the MB Maker for the proper settings you might need. In addition, if you are using a 32-Bit O.S. you may only see 2.6-3.5 Gig of available memory in Windows.

I've got the exact same problem. I checked all the memory and they're all good. I haven't found anything at the Abit site about this issue. I don't find any Bios updates for this board... I just bought this mobo, so think I'll take it back and look at another brand. I am running 32 bit OS and it's showing 3199mb in system. At boot the bios is showing 3200mb. Is the full amount of memory actually being utilized even though it's showing less...

Any additional thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
I would contact the MB makers Tech support but as I stated what you see now will be about the same even if you do remap the memory and BIOS see's it all. Also you have to be using a CPU that supports 64-Bit extensions or it will still be the same.

Archived