Corsair Community

Ram Problem

Hi,

I have a problem I bought 2 x 1gb of VS1GB533D2 when I made my computer I have recently bought 2 x 1gb of VS1GB667D2 and my computer is dual channel memory will this cause a problem my motherboard as it can take up to 16gb of RAM

2nd Problem 1 of the newest sticks of ram is faulty I have tried this stick on its own and it does not start up the computer I also tried this in other slots and it does not I am currently running with 3gb of ram and this wont be dual channel as I am 1 strip missing I only bought this today and I took my RAM back to the shop and they are unwilling to change it so where do I go from here??? I have all the receipts

Any help would be brilliant!!

You cannot Mix memory with this platform, please try and clear the BIOS with just the new modules installed and see if it will pass http://www.memtest.org.

Sorry not that technical :-( what/how do you mean by the Bios? did u mean Flash the Bios, I have done that, I have worked out that the 667 will be faster than the 533 thats origionaly in the system but there is defenitly a problem with 1 of the new strips it will not let my computer turn on how ever the other strip will when i install them seperatly.

Thanks for your help

Archived