Corsair Community

P4C800 & Different XMS3200 crash

pbboek

Hi! I've got the following system configuration: ASUS P4C800 Pentium 4, 2,6Ghz, 800FSB TWINX 512 XMS3200LL (8 Months old) TWINX 1024 XMS3200ll (new) I just got 512MB RAM till yesterday. When I put the new TWINX 1024 modules into the other two DIMM slots and turned the computer on, my WindowsXP did not work anymore. The following Errors occured: Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area or IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal These errors also occured when reinstalling windows (while copying the files to harddisk) and then there were also many file errors! I don't know what to do! Voltage is set to 2.75V and timings are OK, too! Inserting the TWINX 1024 alone into one Channel is followed by a bad checksum error of the AMI BIOS of the P4C800 HELP!

Running 4 sticks of RAM in the current MOBOs is difficult, especially when you mix module types. You may or may not be able to do it. I would suggest that you remove the 2 X 256mb modules, install the 2 X 512mb modules, reset the CMOS jumper, and then see if the system will run OK with just the 2 X 512mb modules. Then, disable Legacy USB Support in the bios and run the test from [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] to verify that the modules are good. Once you have verified the new modules, you can then start to try to configure the system to run the other RAM if you still want to do that. However, I think you will be more stable, and have better OCs with just the 2 X 512mb of RAM. Most don't ever truly NEED more than 1024mb of RAM outside of a true server environment. If you do use 4 sticks, I would also add some active NB cooling for the extra chipset load. If you try the 4 sticks again, you will likely need to lower your RAM timings to more conservative settings. I'd try 2,3,3,6 with a burst length of 8. If that does not work, try 2.5,4,4,8, bl-8. Good luck, Mike.

• Corsair Employee
Please try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and then please run [url]www.memtest.org[/url] on the system. But please make sure USB Legacy support is disabled when running this program with an ASUS MB.

Archived