Corsair Community

Voyager (2GB) Not Recognized

WALZ

I have the same issue. I have tried the unit on several different PC's with the same result. If I "play" with it (connect/disconnect) I can usually get it to operate 1 out of like 10 times. Sometimes it connects and then while moving files to/from it the unit disconnects...it is not moved or touched when this happens. When it does connect, and stays connected, it operates just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. I notice I'm using the same motherboard as you as well. Perhaps an issue with the Intel ICH7? This is the second time I've purchased a Corsair product, and both times I've had problems (bought a 2GB PC2-6400 kit and one stick was bad). I can hardly believe a company with a reputation like Corsair's would fail me two times in a row...

Also, just noticed that they censored "Mush" "kin" in my PC specs list. Heh.

Edit: Updated my BIOS to the latest version and it seems to be working alright. We'll see if it disconnects on me or anything.

Edit again: Yeah, nevermind, disconnected on me about 75% of the way into a 1.7GB file transfer.

• Corsair Employees

r.johnson,

Thats not quite the same problem, his will not detect at all and yours stops after or during a big file transfer, if I understand what you posted.

I don't have a problem replacing the drive but I would check a few things first to make sure its not some other problem.

1. Are you using other USB devices plugged into the same port?

2. Is this plugged into the back port from the IO shield or one from a bracket or the front of your case?

3. Are you doing this on a notebook?

4. How big is the file that you are transferring, cannot be bigger than 1.96 Gig if you have not formatted the drive like with NTFS?

It was doing exactly what the original poster describes until I restarted the computer with the drive still plugged in. After plugging it into and removing it from the port a few times after that, I eventually got it to connect. Interestingly enough, each USB port behaved the same way, and I had to go through the same ritual of removing / reinserting to get it to detect. As far as your list...

1) No, it's an otherwise empty powered USB 2.0 hub.

2) The hub itself is plugged into one of the USB ports on the rear I/O panel of my computer.

3) Nope, desktop computer.

4) The drive is still in the FAT file system; it disconnects at random times (even if I'm not transferring anything to/from it)

I've also tried it on one of the ports on the front of my case (connected to a USB plug on the mainboard), same thing.

Thanks.

Edit - plugged it into one of the rear USB ports and it hasn't acted up all night. That's kind of inconvenient...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech support at 800-205-7657 and we will try to help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday threw Friday excluding holidays!

I bought my voyager GT 2 GB about 4 months ago and worked great.

Didn't use it for about 20 days and then the same problem happened.

Prior to that I had no problems, big file transfers on any system worked great.

If it's of any help (haven't seen it in other posts) the difference to when it was working is that the blue light that flashes up when connecting and file transfer ( guess activity led or something) does not now.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived