Corsair Community

Value sellect and duel channel

clocker

Ok, Gigabyte GA-7N400-L MB with nForce2 400 chipset. Rev 1.0 f6 bios. Seems a limitation in chipset only allows running 2 DS and 2 SS modules to achive duel channel with 4 moduels. Problem: Valuse Select is DS, I want to run it as it clocks well and i have no performance issues with it...and um its cheaper than XMS :D Does it come as a SS moduel? If not, what Corsair memory can I get in a 1024(2x512) set that is comparable in price and is SS??

Found one answer in this forum, TWINX is SS. Question: will a 2x512 matched pair twinx be compatible with the 2x512 value selct set? Will I have issues with latency? The value select is stable at 1% over voltage and 197mhz fsb on a barton core XP2500+ clocked to 2.17 ghz, 394mhz effective memory clock. So far so good anyhow :) ATM im running 3 512 moduels, value select, boots duel channel no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
It is my understanding that the DS v.s. SS construction depends on the size of the module. The CMX256A modules are SS, the CMX512 modules are DS. It's technically dependant on how big the IC's used are in comparison to the final size wanted. So, not all TwinX is SS. PLUR CK

Archived