Corsair Community

compatibility issue with MSI 648-Max mobo

aallgod

Hi. I recently purchased some new ram for my computer. I already had a stick of Corsair 512MB PC-3200 ram (model: CMX512-3200C2, ver. 1.1). The new ram that i purchased was the same memory, except it was version 1.2 Does the version number have any significance to the fact that my new ram is not being recognized by my computer? I put the stick in, seated it properly, and clipped it into place as instructed. But the memory is not being recognized. is there a true difference between ver. 1.1 & 1.2?

• Corsair Employees
They are basically the same just a newer revision of the IC with Rev 1.2. I would try and set the memory Freq to run the memory at DDR333 and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and see if that helps. If not please try and reset the bios with just the new module and see if it will post. If not please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace the module.

[quote name='RAM GUY']They are basically the same just a newer revision of the IC with Rev 1.2. I would try and set the memory Freq to run the memory at DDR333 and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and see if that helps. If not please try and reset the bios with just the new module and see if it will post. If not please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace the module.[/QUOTE] i am not too technically computer savvy. how exactly do i do all of that stuff? when i removed the old ram and replaced it with the new ram and reset bios, it registered, but then said that the cmos battery was low. so i pushed F1 and went to bios. i went to quit without saving. then the screen went black and did nothing.

Archived