Corsair Community

CouldOnlyBeTheRam

cysus

I bought a pair of ddr400 modules, "twinx1024-3200pt", when I was setting up a system over the summer. I installed the ram into an asus P4C800 dlx and after a short while I started having troubles. It seemed any time I played a direct X game it would fail as well as quite often in windows. At first I thought it was the hard drive, vid card or mobo, but I switched out the video card (from a 9700pro to an fx 5600) as well as the hd, I tired these in other systems and they worked great. After tiring to get the mobo replaced, and failing due to asus not responding to me for about 4 months, I bought a new one, a gigabyte GA-8IK1100, I hooked every thing up and had the same problem. I figured it must be the only thing that wasn't replaced, the ram. Sure enough when I popped another strip in, I had no problems at all. Is there anything you'd recommend I do first or should I just go ahead with the RMA?

Cysus, A sad song, sung by the multitudes! May I suggest that you consider downloading MemTest86 (find it with google). Read the text file on how to use this utility. Once you have made the test disk. Install the subject modules in slot 1, one at a time, set to 2.5-3-3-7 in the bios. Disable USB Legacy and put 2.75volts to the memory and run at least two complete passes. That should tell the story Good Luck

• Corsair Employees
Do you have the LL or C2 modules? This will designate the timings that you are able to run with that memory. The suggestion given by Disappointed is the stock SPD for our 3200C2 modules. Please let me know what modules that you have so that I can suggest the correct settings for BIOS. Thanks!

I have the the LL version modules. Could you tell how to set the multipliers in the bios because I have not been able to find them? Also, I received a RMA response but under number of modules they listed one rather than two. How should I deal with that? I ran MemTest86 and it found 1212 errors in one pass. I also ran Windows Memory Diagnostic v0.4 and it found 909 errors in two passes.

• Corsair Employees
Disabling USB legacy will only affect the results on the P4C800 board, not the 8IK1100 that you are using now. I would suggest testing the modules one at a time to find if you have just one bad module. If you continue to have errors, lets get that memory replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the RMA please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived