Corsair Community

520W Randomly Won't Power Up

haijak

Ok I have had this problem with 2 units. Only on my computer. Another PSU works fine.

The problem doesn't happen every time. But often. When the system power button is pressed, It activates for less than a second, then dies. After that it does absolutely nothing when the button is pressed. After cycling the PSU power switch, You get another chance. It may power up or it may not.

As I said before I have 2 computers and 2 PSUs. Only one combination has this problem, and it was the same with two version of your 520. (I RMAd the first thinking it just died on me).

Are their any timing issues or ATX version issues with a Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 motherboard? Or do you have any other ideas of what may be causing this?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

• Corsair Employees

Steve,

If you have two systems and one has this problem no matter which PSU you use, that would suggest its not the PSU. I would try that MB out of the case to look for a grounding problem and check the power switch on your case.

Agreed, the 520w is probably fine.

My previous PSU worked/works fine in the system, the 520w does not.

Neither the computer, nor the 520w, has a problem when used apart.

But when used together, they have issues.

That indicates some kind of compatibility problem.

• Corsair Employees
In the system that has the problem, I would load setup defaults and then set what ever settings you need and check the power switch on your case where in plugs in the MB and the switch as well.

Archived