Corsair Community

2gb Mini Sd Card Only Shows 966 Available!

EduardoCameira

I purchased a Corsair MINI SD 2GB memory card in the beginning of this year, which I use only with a Nokia E61 phone and 99% of its use is to store mp3 files. I never had any problems but yesterday when I deleted everything there a recorded new files it stopped working. The phone gave me a “corrupted card” kind of message and I had no access to the card trough phone or trough phone connected to a pc with Windows Xp. As so I got a new card reader today from a company called HAMMA and I could access the card, I got a message that the card was not formatted and that I should proceed to format it, as I did it trough windows explorer it showed me only 966mb and not 2GB and blocked at 49% of format. So I looked in this forum the instructions to format it trough the command line and it formatted to 100% but only to 966mb!!!:mad:

Does corsair provide any kind of software to correctly format memory cards or I need to have it replaced? In case of replacement should I replace it trough the vendor or trough this site (since I am in Poland).

Thank You.

Dear Sir.

Can You please provide me a site address that works? i have been trying to access http://www.discman.co.uk for 2 days...

Can you email me the application?

In case of repalcement should I do it trought this site, and if so will i have to ship my card to US (since I am in Poland)?

Or I should give it for repair in the shop where i bought it (http://www.komputronik.pl) ?

Brgds.

Dear MR RAM Guy ... I have the same problem of Eduardo and I looked at many sites trying to solve this problem. Let me ask you something ... if I start a RMA procedure, and my card gets replaced for a new one ... and I format it on my cel phone and get the same error ... what should I do ? Get the card replaced over and over again ?

That is the only link I have for them, their site must be down, you can search for a utility from http://www.Google.com or we can just replace it for you if you like.

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

• Corsair Employees
You need to make sure that your phone will see FAT32, if not it might not see that size of card. Then before you insert it in your phone I would format the card with a computer in fat 16 as long as you are sure your phone will see a 2.0 Gig SD card, some will only see 512 or 1 Gig.

If the card gets formated in Fat 4 or 8 you would need to use Linux to re-format it. Or just get it replaced. Just make sure the device you use it in will support it.

On this article we can see that the phone supports FAT32

http://knowledge.search.nokiausa.com/nokiaselfservice/answer.jsp?guid=30142017815411470112b088d00e002fb4

I have one more doubt. I bought this card from WAZ (http://www.waz.com.br) an authorized retailer in Brazil. If I want to get my card replaced should I start the RMA process myself or through WAZ ?

I have the same problem. I use an Ameo (HTC X7500).

HOWEVER, I have already had one Corsair 2GB SD card replaced because it got corrupted for no reason and then when I formatted it it only formatted it to 964Mb

This sounds to me like a known issue - in which case I am very very annoyed. Not only that but when I go back to the shop, they will not want to replace it again.

Finally - why would I want to replace it with the same version again - it is only going to corrupt again (and this time I lost some data).

My questions are therefore:

(1) What are Corsair going to do about this?

(2) Is there a way (other than CFDisk, which only works on Linux, which I do not have) to repair the problem?

As Queen Elizabeth (I) said, we are not amused.

• Corsair Employees

A: If you have a problem with the card we will be happy to replace it, but I don't see the return rate is that high for this part, less than 1/2 of one percent so I am sorry you were just unlucky or there is some other issue.

(2) Is there a way (other than CFDisk, which only works on Linux, which I do not have) to repair the problem?

A: we are working on a utility that will allow flash products to be re-formatted but I don't expect it till next year, sorry!

A: If you have a problem with the card we will be happy to replace it, but I don't see the return rate is that high for this part, less than 1/2 of one percent so I am sorry you were just unlucky or there is some other issue.

A: we are working on a utility that will allow flash products to be re-formatted but I don't expect it till next year, sorry!

Aaah now that is what I call customer service. As to return and replacement - I can't afford the time without the card so I have no option but to buy a different one.

I think what I shall do (and what I shall advise others to do), is to steer clear of Corsair mini SD cards - it seems the safest bet.

• Corsair Employees
I understand but you should talk to our customer service and see if there is anything they can do to help you with this, 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday thew Friday.

I understand but you should talk to our customer service and see if there is anything they can do to help you with this, 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday thew Friday.

Even better - being in London (yes, I'm working very late tonight), I also get to pay for a transatlantic call!!!

I don't mean to sound childish but I bought a Corsair card because of the name. It doesn't appear to mean very much in this case.....:sigh!:

• 1 month later...

Dear Ram Guy.

After your suggestion to:

“…search for a utility from http://www.Google.com...”

(which I consider to be the most useless and ridiculous piece of help that I’ve ever heard).

I decided to get my card replaced in the shop where I bought it and after approximately 3 weeks I got it back. So I put it in my phone (Nokia E61) and I connect it to my pc to transfer some files, however the card shows 1914 MB and when copying files it always stops with an error message that file name is to long and always leaves 466 MB empty. I am unable to copy anything to over 1,5GB to my “2 GB card!!!

I tried using a memory card reader to copy over 1,5Gb to my Corsair MiniSd and I succeeded but some of the information get corrupted (and erased) and is not read by my phone., this is not a phone problem since that with my prior Corsair minisd I could copy 1,9GB to it, at least until it went 100% corrupted overnight…

Now what do I do?

I get it replaced again? And wait another 3 weeks?

So I tell you what I will do…

I will use this 1,6GB 2 GB CORSAIR MINI SD CARD until it dies (which I expect to be happening soon) and then I will buy a new card but this time from a quality brand like KXXXXXXX! Now that prices for these things are becoming reasonable.

And I will never buy any products from your brand again!

It’s completely shameless that these cards are sold and they don’t work!!

Just see how many people complain about it!!!

I am sure that 0,5% returns means hundreds of cars...

I am the fist writer in this tread but this is not the first tread in this site or in internet if you search in http://www.google.com for something like “corsair minisd problem” and you will see what I mean.

I am not trying to bring your company down but I feel deceived by you, you sold me a piece of crap and exchanged it for another.

Best regards.

• Corsair Employees

It sounds like you might be exceeding the FAT file limitations of the file system,

File Allocation Table !.

And when this happens is it in the Phone or in a card reader in a Windows system? And what is the complete system configuration and what ports are you using on the system if its a computer?

It sounds like you might be exceeding the FAT file limitations of the file system,

File Allocation Table !.

And when this happens is it in the Phone or in a card reader in a Windows system? And what is the complete system configuration and what ports are you using on the system if its a computer?

This happens on the phone NOKIA E61.

Wile connected to my acer aspire 1620 with windows xp sp2 trough a USB hama card reader I manage to record this 466 mb but the last files to be recorded are deleted or corrupted and as soon as I enter it in my phone all data in those 466 is deleted. I don't have this problem with my nokia memory card and never had it with the prior corsair card.

Also when I try to format in my phone it doesn't go to the end and I have to restart phone.

On my pc I manage to format it to 1,86gb (which is a big improvement compared to the last card) but the problem prevails, all information in the last 466 mb gets quickly corrupted.

Phone was updated last weekend!!!

Problem is with Card!!!

I formated in windows and i command line(both fat and fat32) and i copy trough usb card reader data to card until there are only 100 mb free, I eject the card and when i put it back in (in computer) there are 480mb free, it deletes 300 mb just like that!!!!!

What are the chances of the shop replacing the card for the second time???

And what are the chances that the third card actually works???

Are refunds possible?

Archived