Corsair Community

Power Off Issue

blackpool9

Just got a new Corsair HX620W to replace a fried Ultra 550 because of the excellent review in CPU magazine. Overall I'm very pleased. The new supply is using less power and is quieter than the unit it replaced. The one issue I'm having is that whenever I power down the computer in Windows (either a shutdown or restart), Windows shuts down but the computer never finishes a power-off. I can still hear the internal fans going and see the IDE activity light blinking. I have to hold the power button in for 4 seconds to force a power-off, then restart the computer manually. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I've checked the power management settings in Windows and the BIOS, and everything looks fine.

No, I have a lot of custom settings in the BIOS that I didn't want to have to re-do, so I didn't reset anything in the BIOS. I did check the power management settings in the BIOS once I realized the computer wasn't shutting down, and I don't see anything obvious, but I could be missing something.

• Corsair Employees

Yes I think U might be.

The PSU is regulated by the MB and you should reset the MB BIOS when you change the PSU. Especially since you are having a problem and had a bad PSU Previously.

Archived