Corsair Community

MSI NEO2-FIS2R and TWINX1024-3200C2PT

r89ms1

Hi man, I have tried all configuration timings possible, and right now I'm using: CAS: 2.5 RAS-CAS: 3 RAS: 3 TRAS: 6 Performance Mode: SLOW (PAT disabled) DRAM Voltage: 2.8v I tried FAST, (enabling the PAT), TURBO, even 2.9v, and all with errors in Memtest. Tried timings by SPD, with or without the DOT. The DOT is up to you, doesn't change the memory performance. Once I got it running even in ULTRA-Turbo, but I wasn't stable at all. The only way to make it 100% stable is setting the PAT off, with the SLOW option. Even forcing CAS 2 on the BIOS, this 3200C2PT wont run in CAS2. This memory KIT is a fake, see: [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21305[/url] [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21600[/url] MSI 865 Neo2 doesn't likes Corsairs TwinX PC3200. I took a 3200LL of a friend, and although it run on CAS2 (2-3-2-6), only with the SLOW option it got error-free too. :[pouts: Edited: With my 2.5-3-3-6 I'm getting only 4.450 on the SANDRA Memory Benchmark, which is considered low, poor, sucks!! F***! Well, good luck. Regards, AleX

Thanks Alex, appreciate the info. I'll give the settings a try. In my research it sounded like it was best to use the starndard setting for the chip and up the voltage to 2.75v. I'm a little confused. Which is normal, but in your reply to me you did not sound very satisfied. You really sounded fired up in thread your thread # 9. I quote, "H O L Y S H I T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Are you still happy with the memory or just disappointed by the SANDRA ratings? Are you using the 1.3 Bios? Is that what got you reved up? This is my first build and want to do it right the first time. Jay

Hi Jay, Hehehe. That Holyshit post was a brief moment of stability. I took the memtest just for 2 loops, and then runned the Sandra. I was almost convinced that I had found the perfect configuration, impressed by the 5.000 score, but later, testing the games like Medal of Honor and Call of Duty, the system crashed and boot. So I began to run all the tests, games included, to know if the system was ok or not, and from there I realized the hard truth: this 3200C2 kit can only run in CAS 2.5 and in the SLOW mode of the MSI to get 100% rock solid. I downgraded to BIOS 1.3 and still using it, I got more stable than 1.9. It permited to run in 2.7v without errors. I'm using in 2.8v just to be sure of the sure! And being serious, I'm very disappointed with the Corsair, because I paid for a memory that would run in CAS2, which name is C2, but the real spec is 2.5. This was a shoot on my back. My system performance is great, but I know if the memory run a little faster, as it does when its getting 4900 on Sandra (but unstable), the difference of the performance increses around 10%. Well, try the settings and let me know. AleX

Oh Jay!!!!! MSI is so great!!! You won't believe it!!! The BIOS 2.0 is working with the FAST (PAT enable) and it's kind of stable man!!! On the changes, they said that the 2.0 support Prescott and bla bla bla, but it's seems to be more stable with the memory too! I had run till now 4 loops of memtest and 20 minutes of Prime95 without errors! Now I have to test it on the games, but it's really looking good! I'm running: 2.5-3-3-6 2.75v FAST and it's getting 4.810 on the SANDRA. That's just as I was asking!!! I'm still not believing! Post conclusions later! AleX

Alright Alex, I'll bite. What happened to you between 8:45P and 12:15A? I go to sleep for a couple of hours and now your doing cartwheels? Are you implying 2.0 is some kind of wonder drug for my yet unassembled (hopefully Tues) screamer? :bomb: You know your mood swings are calling attention to your stabilty. (Not the PC) Looking forward to your results and hoping your sane. Jay PS How do you list your componets. Still learning this site. I'm betting your not typing it in every time.

Hahahahaha! I'm pretty much sane right here! It's just that I don't like to sleep at night... ;): :D: Well, after some fine tunings, I got to say that is stable right now!!! I'm running: 2.5-3-3-6-4 FAST 2.7v <<--- (2.7v got more stable than 2.75 or 2.8) It's getting 4.800 on SANDRA and I'm really satisfeid!! I run memtest for 5 loops, no errors, and the Prime got 1 error and halted after 3 hours of the torture test. I think something still can be fine tunned, to get error-free. ;) I'll try lower the voltage to 1.65 and post here later. About the signature, go into your Configuration Panel (up there), called User CP. There you can enter a signature! (On the left - Edit Signature) ;): Good luck my friend!! AleX

Me being the blind. I guess BIOS ver. 2 was the trick. Glad you are happy! And that both you and your PC are stable. :D: I don't know what I was thinking, my memory is still on backorder. I guess I will have to wait longer than Tuesday. It would not make sense to cancel and buy somewhere else. Get this. I paid $177 USD w/freight and tax. The cheapest I was able to find otherwise was $218. Now the companies price is $187. I called and questioned the price. I wanted to make sure it was new and carried the lifetime warranty. I will look for your next post. I will respond when I get the memory and get the beast humming. I agree, I now have a friend in Brazil. Thank você meu amigo! Jay

Oh yeah Jay!!! BIOS 2.0 is a bless! Trully! Now my system is rocking, and guess what?! The memory voltage is set to 2.6v!!! This is the most stable and totally error-free!!! I just can't believe it! Everybody using it at 2.75, 2.8 and 2.85 to get stable, and mine is running smoothly at 2.6v. At 2.65 I got 1 error in memtest in the 5th loop. With 2.6v, I run 6 loops without error. And right now, I had just finished 3 hours of Prime95 without errors too! This is definitively stable, rock solid!!! Now I can say, thanks to MSI, this combo is rocking my carnival!!! It's already begun in São Paulo, and today and tomorow will be in Rio. Check some pictures: ([url]http://click.uol.com.br/?rf=hard_fotob&u=http://noticias.uol.com.br/carnaval/album/sp21_nenedavilamatilde_album.htm?abreurl=http://noticias.uol.com.br/carnaval/noticias/ult1422u197.jhtm[/url]) Anytime you want to come, just pack the bags! You can relax my friend Jay, the mobo and memory will turn you upside down, like the wonder drug! :D: Your portuguese is ok. You got it almost right! In 'Thank você meu amigo!' you don't need to repeat the você (you), because amigo (friend) already tells it. So you should use: Thanks (Obrigado) meu amigo! Got it?! :D: Best regards, AleX

I compreendem muito pouco. I can't remember much of my Spanish either. How's that? I'm glad the tweak worked. My God, that's the 10th bios upgrade. Maybe they finally got it right. Gotta go celebrate that and thank my mother for giving birth to me today. I've been to Mardi Gras. Believe it or not carnival is a much higher goal. I'd like to see Jesus. I have a shit load of frequent flyer miles. I was saving them for a couple of roundtrip 1st class to Hawaii, but I've been there. I like to fly, used to do it for my job in a past life. But flying that far, I will not do in coach. Rio is much more exotic to me. I know it's just another big city. But from what I understand it's one hell of a party. And the women, I can only dream. And the food would be a big draw too. So much for keeping to the subject at hand. Sorry Ram Guy! Alex isn't short Alexandra is it? A guy can hope. Really jazzed about your PC.

[quote name='agontijo'] Even forcing CAS 2 on the BIOS, this 3200C2PT wont run in CAS2. This memory KIT is a fake, see: [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21305[/url] [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21600[/url] [/QUOTE] Just curious, I read the other threads you linked. How did you come to the conclusion that the memory KIT is a fake? The only 2 MOBOs I see any problems with are a: the MSI MOBOs which are having truck loads of problems with their bios ignoring manually set timings and b: a brand new Gigabyte MOBO that is going thru rev 1.0 growing pains with the new chipsets and CPUs. Your statement of fake is hardly credible since you have only tried the PC3200C2 on 1 MOBO. I have owned a total of 4 PC3200C2 sticks and of 2 different revisions. They all have run CAS2 over 4 different MOBOs. You might want to put a bit more proof with your statements. Happy Computing, Mike.

Hey Jay, Carnival here is all that matters in the beginning of the year. You have might already heard that in Brazil the year just begin after the Carnival, because of the parties, celebrations, women, beer, etc... For us man, it's a really heaven, mainly here in Belo Horizonte (my city, near Ouro Preto and Diamantina, historic cities thar have one of the bests carnivals of Brazil) because we have much more women than man, so they get crazy about us!! But not running away from the topic, I understand what SpecMike told. And although you have certain reason, I desagree by the fact the 3200LL, wich is CAS2 also, run in CAS2 in my mobo. And the only difference between the LL and C2 should be the RAS-Precharge, of LL is 2 and of C2 is 3. So why the CAS2 is being ignored by the BIOS only with the 3200C2? MSI really should look for it! Is there a MSI fórum like this? Regards! AleX (originally from Alexandre (most usual in BR), variable from Alexander (US-UK), Alejandro (ES), etc.) (females varibles: Alexandra, Alessandra (most usual in BR), Alejandra, etc...) :D:

Yes, MSI has a forum but I don't have the exact URL for it. And, the PC3200C2 and PC3200LL are made with different ICs. The IC in the PC3200LL is a faster IC than the PC3200C2. So, assume you set both types to run at the EXACT same settings, voltages, etc, the PC3200LL would still be faster. [QUOTE]So why the CAS2 is being ignored by the BIOS only with the 3200C2? MSI really should look for it![/QUOTE] I have no idea but, I think if you search here, you will find that MSI users are having troubles like you with all speeds of RAM. And, at other forums, they are having problems with other brands also. The MSI boards have great features but they still need to get the bios worked out better for people that want to OC. Don't celebrate too much at the carnival. And, how do you end up with more women than men? I wish I had that problem in my younger days! :laughing: Happy Computing. Mike.

Hi guys!! Great news!!! After long time testing, I got a new mark!!! 4950 on SANDRA!!! I got it setting the memory by SPD and mode TURBO (PAT enable), with 2.6v! Looking in the CPU-Z, it shows 2.5 - 3 - 2 - 5! That's agressive!!! And the system is error free! I tested with 5 loops of memtest, 2 hours of Prime95 (v. 23.8.1) and I've being playing BF1942 for over 3 hours!!! The performance is really different! Very fast, very responsive!!! And totally stable! This motherboard is a real champion! And I need to admit that Corsair is also an f-u-c-k-i-n-g good memory!!! :D: Although is running on CAS 2.5, it's running at a high speed!!! This is rocking my system!!! Regards, AleX

Alex, my new South American friend. Saw your post @ MSI forum. Wanted to cover all bases. I have read enough for now about this subject. It gets old searching through the forums even though they are extremely good knowledge base. Thanks everyone. I will take a break for a few days. Talk to you during lent when I get my memory. Will see about next years carnival. It has possibilities. Its one of my lifetime goals to party at carnival. And to have a local friend to educate you on the finer points of celebrating Brasilian style is a great plus. And you don't seem like a mass murderer. I will private message you here at this forum. Adeus Jay :p:

Archived