Corsair Community

XMS Pro - Tiger Direct Misprint?

embolic

In a recent Tiger Direct mailer/catalog (VOL. XIII ISSUE FAB, page 31) I read the following in reference to XMS Pro Series DDR: "It has nine dedicated activity LED's for each memory bank, [B]mini-fans that maximize air contact for faster heat dissipation[/B] and is..." Nowhere else is the cyber-world (not even on the Tiger Direct website) can I find any reference to fans in XMS Pro memory. So what is Tiger smokin'? Just curious since the technofile in me found the idea of itty-bitty fans on the RAM kind of 'neato'. Embo

[quote name='embolic']In a recent Tiger Direct mailer/catalog (VOL. XIII ISSUE FAB, page 31) I read the following in reference to XMS Pro Series DDR: "It has nine dedicated activity LED's for each memory bank, [B]mini-fans that maximize air contact for faster heat dissipation[/B] and is..." Nowhere else is the cyber-world (not even on the Tiger Direct website) can I find any reference to fans in XMS Pro memory. So what is Tiger smokin'? Just curious since the technofile in me found the idea of itty-bitty fans on the RAM kind of 'neato'. Embo[/QUOTE] I wouldn't buy from tiger direct online...bad rep. Use newegg.com

[quote name='kec789']I wouldn't buy from tiger direct online...bad rep. Use newegg.com[/QUOTE] I have actually had very good luck with Tiger including 1 painless RMA. I have heard a few bad stories but I imagine that every vendor has those. I would check Reseller Ratings if you care too. I agree with the CMC Savage above that the "mini-fans" is a typo. I'm sure it is fins. Good luck wherever you buy it. Mike.

[quote name='kec789']I wouldn't buy from tiger direct online...bad rep. Use newegg.com[/QUOTE] If there was a Tiger Direct Shipping Center/Warehouse with a customer showroom less than a mile from your front door, I'm thinking you might pick up a thing or two from them...

Archived