Corsair Community

striker extreme and 4 gig xms2

shakkattack

i cant install vista on this new pc it blue screens me.any advice.

Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 LGA 775

Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 Socket 775 DDR2 Motherboard

4GB corsair DDR2 XMS2 Dominator 8500C5

2x 8800GTX BFG ********

2x 150GB raptors

1TB hitachi HDD

optirac NEC SATA DVD-RW

Microsoft Windows vista ultimate 64 bit edition

BFG 1000W PSU

Tuniq Tower 120 CPU cooler

new build everything is new it gets to installing devices then crashes and reboots i cant see the blue screen trying one stick of ram and windows xp now.

Actually, remove PCI/PCI-Express cards, leaving just 1 graphics card in. Also, remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer, leaving it in the slot furthest away from your CPU. Run Memtest to ensure that your system isn't having issues with a bad autodetect, and assuming it gives you no errors, Vista setup again. It should work fine, as the above steps are for the cleanest installation possible.

Once vista is installed, in order to run 4 gb of RAM, you'll need to install MS patch 929777.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, remove PCI/PCI-Express cards, leaving just 1 graphics card in. Also, remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer, leaving it in the slot furthest away from your CPU. Run Memtest to ensure that your system isn't having issues with a bad autodetect, and assuming it gives you no errors, Vista setup again. It should work fine, as the above steps are for the cleanest installation possible.

Once vista is installed, in order to run 4 gb of RAM, you'll need to install MS patch 929777.

Will this proceedure enable the usage of 2x2GB PCM1000?

Archived