Corsair Community

Ripping my hair out with slow Voyager 1Gb

BMGill

Hi, I bought a Corsair Flash Voyager 1Gb last week but am finding it horribly slow when transfering files. I already had two 256Mb Voyagers, and to copy files to the 1Gb stick takes around four times as long as the same files to the 256Mb sticks (looking at 10-22 minutes to copy 200Mb of files). Surely this can't be normal?

Tried it on my laptop and had same problem, so I sent the stick back to the place I got it from (CCL here in the UK), but they tested it and claimed it worked fine for them, and posted it back (initially at my expense!), so I'm at a loss.

I read about something called HD test or something similar in another thread, but when I followed the link I got a page of Japanese characters and links to tiny lzh files? So I downloaded Flash Memory Toolkit which I also read about in another thread and ran a test (screenshot of results attached below - they mean nothing to me I'm afraid). Tried uninstalling and reformatting stick - no difference.

I'd welcome any advice on whether the stick has a problem or not - just can't believe it's supposed to be so much slower than my other Voyagers especially on small files. Makes it virtually unusable frankly, and CCL have been pretty unhelpful.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Mark

898425177_FlashToolkit_CorsairFlashVoyager.png.242cd3c8ef8d8472c4857bd6e4641c6f.png

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Just curious as to why the new 1Gb stick is so much slower than my 256Mb Voyagers? Admittedly my 256Mb ones are a little older (about a year or two), but I'd have thought a newer stick would be faster? (with newer drivers for e.g.). Am I missing something here?

Cheers.

Mark

Archived