Corsair Community

Asus P5N32-E SLI with 4GB Dominator PC8500/DDR1066

onepairofpant

I have 4gb of corsair dominator 1066 ram (PC-8500) in 4 sticks of 1gb each, it seems to only want to run at ddr800 (PC-6400) and runs automatically with JEDEC standard timings (5-5-5-18 at 800mhz) instead of EPP SPD (5-5-5-15-2T) at 2.2v at 1066mhz

If anyone can get this to boot tell me what you did, everytime i try to put in the right settings I have to reset the CMOS just to post and enter the bios which is somewhat scary every time I do it

So Far I

-Upgraded to the latest bios (1102)

-Manually entering the correct timings and voltages

-Enabling SLI-Ready Memory (CPUOC 0%)

-Enabling SLI-Ready Memory (CPUOC 0%) and setting the Overvoltage on my memory to 2.2v

I called Corsair the other day and they recommended these settings which didn't post as well

-reset bios to default

-disable SLI ready memory (CPUOC 0% / disabled)

-overvolt north bridge to 1.5v and memory to 2.2v

-unlink cpu and memory and set memory to 1066

-set memory settings to 5-5-5-15 and 2T?

A guy in another forum wants me to run these settings becuase he said his work at this but they kind of scare me, why is he over volting so much?

change the Aibooster to manual to access some of these options.

Sli ready: Disabled (This setting has nothing to do with your graphics configuration)

Memory Voltage: 2.2v

1.2V HT: 1.25v

NB Core Voltage: 1.5v

SB Core Voltage: 1.55v

CPU VTT Voltage: 1.25v

FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Linked

FSB - Memory Ratio: 1:1

Actual FSB (QDR), MHz: 1066

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Any recommended settings would be appreciated, thank you

no, those settings look as scary as hell so I didn't try them, in the asustek forum some guy gave me some other settings ill try them out they look safer

I have the P5N32-E SLI with an E6600 and the Corsair Dominator PC-8500. No overclocks at all.

As others have stated, all I had to do was set it to run linked 1:1 and overvolt the ram to 2.2v. My system is 100% stable.

edit: okay I just tried these settings of course it resets, screen stays black, then the monitor turns off, no post. Since the ramguy hasn't responded to this thread for 2-3 days now I have to think that corsair is clueless about how to solve this, I recommend you guys get a A5N32-E SLI board in your lab, its a nforce 680i board and its an asus, its not that uncommon and I can see a lot of people here are having the same issues

• Corsair Employees

The PSU you have may not be big enough for this configuration, that Video card requires about 26 Amps on the 12 Volt Rail by itself and the memory will need about 45 Watts with 4 modules. Plus the rest of your system components

This MB with 4 modules like I have said before you will likely need to run the memory at DDR800 and you have to be running a 1066 FSB CPU.

I would try the settings after you load setup defaults:

SLi ready: Disabled

NForce SPP Voltage: 1.5v

CPU FSB Voltage 1.4

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

The PSU you have may not be big enough for this configuration, that Video card requires about 26 Amps on the 12 Volt Rail by itself and the memory will need about 45 Watts with 4 modules. Plus the rest of your system components

This MB with 4 modules like I have said before you will likely need to run the memory at DDR800 and you have to be running a 1066 FSB CPU.

CPU FSB Voltage 1.4

I don't think its my PSU, though its only 550watts is very efficient, and I have 54 amps on all my 3 +12v combined. I have no problem running the memory right now at DDR800, my goal was 1066 to sync it with the CPU's FSB

my board automatically detects ddr800 and though I have no way of telling what automatic is doing its probably running right now at the JEDEC EPP standard of 5-5-5-18, are you telling me to put these settings to increase my preformance so it'll be more "ddr 1066" like?

• Corsair Employees

We have tested this MB with modules with the settings I gave you. But there are some who have reported they could not run at 1066 with these settings.

This would suggest it was a maybe just that users configuration. The PSU you have would need to provide 26 Amps on one Rail I would ask the maker of the PSU if they are shared or limited to 18 Amps each, like our PSU can provide up to 34 Amps on one Rail.

okay well I tried these settings last night but I couldn't find the one in bold, what do you mean exactly?

CPU FSB Voltage 1.4

• 3 weeks later...
Please check the stop error code you are getting at http://www.microsoft.com/live if you cannot catch it look in the Event log in Computer Management.

what do you mean exactly? I found that area but i cant find blue screen logs, to me the BSOD seem to be random and getting more frequent, help please! whats the most important setting to get my system stable? I can't seem to post with full settings, what should I adjust in order?

Archived