Corsair Community

Great PSU! Excellent job Corsair!

dL.

I know this is a support forum, which is to ask questions and get supportive feedbacks. But I feel like sharing a positive experience with you, just so people don't always read the support forums and claim that the product is terrible because 0.1% of the population are complaining about it.

I usually don't waste time creating an account and praising about a company's product, but there's always the first time...

I had been using OC.Z (why does it filter?) GameXStream 700w since Dec 06 and I thought that was a very good PSU unit. I always thought my computer sounded very loud due to my 8800GTS video card or that my Super Lanboy case doesn't have much sound insulation, but little did I know it was the power supply until recently.

So I couldn't stand the annoying low to mid range hum that almost made my system sound like a jet. I decided to do some research and many people were recommending the Corsair PSU.

At first I had a lot of doubt. Another memory company making PSU like OC.Z? Oh boy. It's gonna be crappy again like OC.Z probably. And this is their first entry into power supply also, and with only 2 products. My first impression? Can't be good. I had a lot of doubt, even during the moment when I was buying the HX520w. I was worried that the noise problem would still persist, or it would only improve by a little, or none at all.

When I was given the power supply, it was already in the bag and I was stunned at how heavy the package is compared to the ********. I thought they accidentally gave me 2 power supplies by mistake. But anyways, I was amazed at the quality of the packaging materials used inside to protect the power supply. I've never seen such high quality material used in any tech packaging. Not even the Corsair XMS2 RAMS I have. In fact, that packaging sucked and looked quite cheap.

I can tell that I have made the right choice this time just from seeing the quality of the physical PSU overall. Everything, including the wires just feel top quality. No wonder why it is more expensive than most other PSU with similar wattages :P

The moment of truth begins. Everything is plugged in place. The wires are tied and tidied up. *Push power button*. If it wasn't for my interior light mods inside lighting up my system, I wouldn't have known that my computer is turned on. Seriously. This PSU is at least 10 times quieter than the ******** GameXStream, and about 5 times quieter than my previous Antec PSU. It's virtually silent, so quiet that the loudest thing in my computer are the hard drives.

This is the best PSU I have owned to date, as of now at least. I don't know if I'm feeling things, but my system seems to run more stable than before. However, I have no proof of that but it just feels better to me. I really hope it won't fail me because it would be really disappointing to see my favourite PSU dying on me or causing some problems. I trust Corsair quality (hence why I bought their RAM over ******** or others). I really hope these PSU can last for at least 2 to 3 years before I upgrade again. What will my next PSU be, if nothing fails?

Place your bets. Answer? Corsair hands down.

Memory = Corsair.

PSU = Corsair.

You've just gained an additional loyal customer, and a customer that'll refer to all friends and relatives about Corsair products.

Thank you for reading this. I sure hope I won't be coming back here to rant for RMA. *Touch wood* Nice meeting you all here!

dL

Well I agree the OXX PSU are craps, and they had to put that stupid blue light on it.

Here is my problem with the 520W psu which I installed yesterday afternoon. The fan doesn't blow much air, explains why it's quiet. It's probably not even spinning. I can totally fry an egg on top of my PSU. It's hot from all angles except the fan grill.

Oh the FYI, I have a RoseWXXX 500W psu which weights more than the corsair 520.

I agree. I tried to feel mine from the rear computer case, and it does feel quite hot. It doesn't feel hot when I feel from the top of my case, maybe mines aluminum case and yours isn't? Overall, the PSU is not burning hot but it is hot. Is that normal?

I guess there's always the 5 years warranty? :P

dL

I agree. I tried to feel mine from the rear computer case, and it does feel quite hot. It doesn't feel hot when I feel from the top of my case, maybe mines aluminum case and yours isn't? Overall, the PSU is not burning hot but it is hot. Is that normal?

I guess there's always the 5 years warranty? :P

dL

We have the same case model, Antec super lanboy. According to the manual, the PSU uses thermal sensor to automatically adjust fan speed via temperature change. Maybe the sensor inside is broken?

Archived