tonros

hello,

My comp. specification;

Latest Bios version

E**** 620W

C2D E660

Asus P5n32-e SLI

Corsair Cm2x 1024-6400 C4 800mhz, 2x1gb

My new computer was restarting after 20min of work in win xp sp2. Then I have tried a new pair of ram set; *******. And it was runing ok. I sent back the pair of Corsaire ram. They sent me a new pair. It semed like everything is ok (The system was stable with everything on default). Then I began with overclocking and the system was unstable. With timenings and voltages on auto. Then I tried to lower the ram to 677mhz (in bios)....and is runing stable on 3200Mhz. But I want these pair of ram runing stable on 800mhz....can anybody help??.. before I sent them back again and get another pair of diferent brand name...with setings the voltage to 2.1 and timenings?....what did you sugest...

Thanks,

(sorry for bad english)

• Corsair Employees
Are you mixing our memory and the other modules? And as you over clock you will need to lower the memory frequency that is normal with this platform. I would suggest doing a bit more research on how to over clock your MB.

..thank you....i didnt mix nothing....but tried another pair of difernt brand of ram = P*****T....so there is a problem with my MB....i made a lot of investigation as you sugest....and even asked at asus forum....and you tell that this is normal....hm....can you be more specific what and whay hepens when overclocking with the MB and Ram...ucan please tell me how to set things in bios.....sorry if everythink sound like I am angry....just dont know eanglis very well and about computer maybe...so i make questions.....a..another guestion.......there are users reports with the same MB but diferent ram models;

cpu overclocked and also ram overclocked near 1000mhz (a lot cheaper ram)...so is problem in MB or Ram?......and if i downclock the ram everything goes slover or just the values seams like is slower....

best regards

• Corsair Employees
Please use a spell checker on what you are trying to say before you post it, or if you use Mozilla Firefox its built in. But I think you are asking me to tell you how to over clock and I am sorry that I cannot do. But if you want to over clock the memory you should load setup defaults when you change modules first thing than then I would leave the timings at By SPD and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and see how high you can get but at Cas 4-4-4-12 I would suspect the modules to top out at about 840-900 MHz. depending on the CPU and MB.

Archived