Corsair Community

Gigabyte K8VNXP and 1GB Corsair PC3200C2

Horimoto

HI all, ive got the problem, that when i start the computer with CAS-Latency 2.0, windows wont boot! So what can i do, to set the settings to 2.0 ??? At moment ive got thme at 2.5, and it runs stable ! :confused: Have i to increase the voltage? Please help me RAm-Guy :roll: cya Hori

[quote name='Horimoto']HI all, ive got the problem, that when i start the computer with CAS-Latency 2.0, windows wont boot! So what can i do, to set the settings to 2.0 ??? At moment ive got thme at 2.5, and it runs stable ! :confused: Have i to increase the voltage? Please help me RAm-Guy :roll: cya Hori[/QUOTE] Please help me :laughing: pleaseeeeee

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but we have seen the same issue with this MB, when you set the timings manually the system will become un-stable. This seems to be a Bios issue, and we have reported this to Giga-Byte. However, for the time being I would suggest using By SPD for the memory timings.

hello all Just thought i'd check up on any updates on the GIGABYTE K8VNXP memory issue.Got mine today 'corsair 1G DDR XMS3200LLPT TWINX (2X 512MB)CAS2 (MY-018-CS).This was bought after a lot of surfing and annoying probably all the staff(ramguy)with me questions(usually after a lot of beer-lol). The position now is Iv'e built my new comp.up and tonight shoved memeory in (1 & 3 slots as suggested) only gone as far as booting up to the bios though and everything is ok.The bios detected the correct memory with no beeps at all,which is nice-lol The next stage is loading hyperos in,had the idea of two 36G raptor drives under HPO and one big normal drive to dump stuff on.........any ideas would be welcome. cheers mick

• Corsair Employees
If the modules you have were made before January of 2003 they would have had the SPD set to the fastest defined values at that time which was PC-2700. There was no official spec for DDR400 till January of 2003 and we adopted the JEDEC spec when it was ratified.

Archived