Hello I have the following:

-Dell Optiplex 745

-Core2 6700 CPU

-2 Gig Ram

-ATI X1800AIW

-80 gig 10,000 SATA

-250 gig 7,200 SATA

-Vista Ultimate

Issue #1: Doesn't like to wake up from sleep mode. PSU revs up to medium speed and front lights come on, but no activity. I hold button for 4 secs to power off and on. Upon power up no POST and fan still revs at med speed. I have to physically remove the power cord from the PSU, then plug it back it in, hit the front panel on button then the box boots up fine and the PSU is very quiet.

Issue #2: If I try to turn on from OFF mode, Issue #1 happens sometimes. I have to repeat pulling the power cord from the PSU, replace then boot up.

Anybody else have this problem? Note, the Dell Mboard uses the 24pin and 4pin power connector and the ATI card uses the 6 pin.

Yes I can't stand some of Dell's proprietary parts, however I wasn't having a problem with the stock power supply except that it did not have a six pin connector when I upgraded to ATI x1800AIW.

It's the new HX520W Corsair power supply that I am having problems with not powering up until I "reset" the PSU by pulling the AC cord out of the PSU, wait a few secs, then plug it back it in, push the front button and it boots normally.

I'm about ready to return this PSU unless I hear back from RAMGUY.

When it goes to sleep everytime, it won't wake up properly upon keyboard/mouse event.

The PSU fan revs up to medium speed and the front panel lights up, but nothing else happens.

I have to hold the power button for 4 secs to power it down, pull and replace the power cord, then the PC will boot up nice (and the PSU revs down to quiet mode). If I do not pull and replace the power cord, the PSU revs up to medium speed, panel lights up, but no POST. Since I do a complete shutdown, technically this also applies to cold start.

If off for overnight, I still have to pull and replace the power cord before pushing the front button.

Weird, maybe I just have a bad PSU.

• Corsair Employees
That might be the Video card or Driver not the PSU, uninstall the driver and just use the Windows default driver and see if it does the same thing. Also have you checked with the maker of the system for any updates and if that system has been tested with that Video card?

Archived