2x MCP655 Pumps

8 Yate Loon fans

1 Zalman fan controller

1 DVD

2 Raptor HDDs

QX6700 CPU Overclocked to 3.6Ghz

EVGA NF 680i Sli Motherboard

2x EVGA 8800GTX Superclocked

about 6 CCFL, 2 luminated momentary switches.

Any new PSUs coming out?

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry I don't have an answer for you except for this!

We'll be launching a few new products that will allow customers to meet their demands more easily. With only two products on the market, and both of them being fairly similar, we realize that not everyone may want a PSU with all the features of the HX. Some people may not need the power of an HX series and some people might need more.

Our goal is worldwide domination of the power supply industry by designing the world's best power supplies for every conceivable user.

This, of course, takes time. Keep your eyes peeled over the next couple of months.

This bodes well for us. Perhaps Corsair has listened to the whines and pleads for a lower-powered unit. :cool: One thing I would ask is to keep the aesthetics the same and keep it modular to fit nicely in mATX cases.

These new PSU's coming are news to me, so Ram Guy...if you're saying that you'll have something smaller than the 520 but of equal quality soon, then put me down for the first unit. :D: I was going to get something else but once I get my next rig built very soon, I'll want a smaller PSU to power my current parts in a mATX box, then keep my 520 in my Stacker for the new build.

I think something with a bit more juice to run the insanity rigs - as good or better than say...the Cooler Master Real Pro 850 - would be Da :bomb: . Again, keeping it modular and looking like the 520 yellow/620 red (but maybe green or blue?) Then when I go Crossfire with an HD 2900XT I'd buy one of those too.

;^ )

I hope Corsair hits the competition hard with the new PSU's...right where it counts...:nutkick: !!!!!

Had posted this in another thread, but guess it belongs here. While digging around on Google News I ran into this little article:

http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/12625

There were no new power supplies on display in Corsair's suite, but the firm's PSU guys certainly haven't been sitting idle. In about a month, Corsair expects to launch new VX series power supplies. Compared to the existing 520W and 620W Corsair HX series PSUs, the VX models will be cheaper and bear power ratings of 450W and 550W. Despite the lower pricing, Corsair intends to stick with its formula of 80-85% efficiency and quiet cooling. Meanwhile, the HX series won't get a power rating bump until the middle or later part of this year—Corsair says it's already very pleased with how the existing models are selling.

It doesn't contain a wealth of information about the new PSUs, but it's another piece of the puzzle I guess :)

// xfn

I am afraid that the HX620 won't support everything I am running:

2x MCP655 Pumps

8 Yate Loon fans

1 Zalman fan controller

1 DVD

2 Raptor HDDs

QX6700 CPU Overclocked to 3.6Ghz

EVGA NF 680i Sli Motherboard

2x EVGA 8800GTX Superclocked

about 6 CCFL, 2 luminated momentary switches.

Any new PSUs coming out?

Hmm... the HX620 should be able to take that - but be prepared for the PSU fan to spin up hard on load. I'm running the following system on a HX620:

MCP350 w/ modded top

4x Yate Loon's (M-12), 1x Scythe (the 49cfm one), 1x NMB Minebea med

2Gb's Dominator 8888's

LIS2 Premium VFD / Fan controller combo

E6600 @ 3.0Ghz

EVGA 680i

2x EVGA 8800GTX

2x DVD

RAID 0 Seagate's (2x 120Gb, can't remember what model)

... the system is rock solid stable, and I know there's more headroom avaliable. So don't worry! :sunglasse

If you go to legitreviews.com and dig around the archives you'll find they setup a similar system to what you mentioned with no probs....

Hmm... the HX620 should be able to take that - but be prepared for the PSU fan to spin up hard on load. I'm running the following system on a HX620:

MCP350 w/ modded top

4x Yate Loon's (M-12), 1x Scythe (the 49cfm one), 1x NMB Minebea med

2Gb's Dominator 8888's

LIS2 Premium VFD / Fan controller combo

E6600 @ 3.0Ghz

EVGA 680i

2x EVGA 8800GTX

2x DVD

RAID 0 Seagate's (2x 120Gb, can't remember what model)

... the system is rock solid stable, and I know there's more headroom avaliable. So don't worry! :sunglasse

If you go to legitreviews.com and dig around the archives you'll find they setup a similar system to what you mentioned with no probs....

Thanks for posting!

I can live without lighting- if my PSU is taxed with my setup. Hopefully everything runs on the HX620 and help the wait for the new PSUs to come out by Q4.

It's too bad the new units coming out aren't modular though. I set up my case so no wires are visible. I wonder if this change in direction was to save money. It seems alot of the enthusiast level PSUs are moving towards modular for us neat-freaks :)

I should be able to power everything up in about a week and follow up on my results here.

Archived